IIAD Admission 2024: The Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD) in collaboration with Kingston University, London, offers a creative, studio-based education through its three rigorous Bachelor’s degree programs in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design, and Communication Design, at its campus in New Delhi. IIAD also offers a residential accommodation facility for outstation students on a ‘First-come-first-serve basis’. Kindly note the accommodation has limited seats and therefore the earlier you book the accommodation, the better you are placed.
IIAD has been awarded the ‘Best College of the Year 2022’ by Silicon India in 2022. IIAD offers degree programmes in collaboration with Kingston University, London, which has been ranked 6th for Art & Design in the University League Table 2024 and ranked 1st Art & Design School in Lodon by the Times Good University Guide. IIAD has received the “Best Communication Design College in India” award in 2021 from Asia Today Research & Media, the “Excellence in Design Education” award in 2021 by Economic Times, and the “Design College of the Year 2020” by Silicon India. Education at IIAD strives to redefine traditional concepts of teaching and learning. The courses are taught not in classrooms but in creative studio spaces, specially designed to ensure that the students receive extensive practical exposure and hands-on learning within the disciplines.
The Indian Institute of Art and Design has released the admission notification for the session 2024. Interested candidates can Apply Here before the last date.
For UG Programmes
- Passed Class XII Examination (or equivalent) in any stream (Science, Commerce, Humanities or Arts) is required to be eligible.
- Candidates appearing for Class XII Examination in 2024 or are awaiting their results are also eligible to apply.
For PG Programmes
- Passed Undergraduate Examination (or equivalent) in any discipline from any recognized Institute or University is required to be eligible.
- Candidates appearing for Undergraduate Examination or are awaiting their results are also eligible to apply.
Boards of Education accepted by IIAD
- Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Indian State Boards
- Cambridge International Examinations (CIE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
- Or any other approved National or International Board of Education
The Two-Step evaluation procedure followed by IIAD to its courses. Candidates will have to clear :
- The IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- Before our panel of art and design professionals a comprehensive interview and portfolio assessment.
- Based on their NATA score students applying for Interior Architecture & Design can be exempted from the iDAT written test. They will progress directly for their Portfolio Assessment and Interview if should they attain the required cut off score.
- At the time of submission of the Application Form, an Application Fee of INR 2,000 must be paid.
The Entrance Examination is conducted at various Test Centres and comprises the following parts/rounds based on the program of interest.
For Fashion Management Applicants:
- Part A – IIAD Aptitude Test
- Part B – Personal Interview
For Fashion Design, Communication Design, and Interior Architecture & Design Applicants:
- Part A – IIAD Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- Part B – Studio Simulation
Details about each round are a part of the Sample Paper which can be obtained upon successful completion of the Application Form.
IIAD Entrance Exam 2024 Centres
The exam will take place in Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Kolkata, Lucknow, New Delhi, and candidates are required to bring the following items:
- Dry colors (pencils/pastes)
- A ruler
- A Pen
- A glue stick
- A small pair of scissors
IIAD Scholarship Application Process
IIAD offers 30 scholarships to meritorious students. Candidates may apply for the scholarship if having 70% aggregate in the CBSE/ ISC/ IB (or any other equivalent board) intermediate examination in any discipline.
The final result will depend also on performance in the iDAT Test, personal interview, and portfolio review.
- Download the Scholarship Form
- Fill in the form, attach it along with your Programme Application Form and send it to:
The Admissions Department
Indian Institute of Art & Design
B-26 Okhla Phase 1
New Delhi -110020
Mention your online application form number on your completed scholarship application and send it to us by courier OR email it to [email protected]
IIAD Admission 2024 Selection Process
- Candidates will be evaluated through the iDAT. This will be followed by a personal interview, including an individual portfolio assessment. These stages are mandatory for each candidate and only thereafter final results will be announced.
- iDAT is a 100 marks, two hours test that evaluates the candidate’s aptitude for drawing, creativity, imagination, design ability, the power of observation/representation, lateral thinking, and writing skills.
- The personally developed portfolio would be evaluated during the Personal Interview. The body of work can include needlework, three-dimensional work, web design, sculpture, drawings, paintings, collages, digital design, etc. Portfolio appraisal will carry weight as the personal interview, and the candidate’s work must reflect aesthetic talent and vision.
- It will focus on applicants’ personal goals, intellectual ability and communication skills, maturity, confidence, and awareness. After the candidate completes the iDAT, the Interview will be conducted.