NIFT 2022: National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts a national level examination to offer admissions to eligible applicants in various UG & PG professional courses in the field of fashion technology & design field. To get final admissions applicants will have to go through the written test, situation test, group discussions & at last personal interview. The applications will only be submitted through online mode. Any other mode of application will not be entertained. The interested applicants can get all the important details about NIFT 2022 from this article.
NIFT 2022 Important Dates
|Release of the Online Application form
|4th week of October 2021
|Deadline of Application Form Submission
|last week of December 2021
|Application correction window
|1st January 2022
|Closing date of online registration with the late fee of Rs. 5000/-
|1st week of January 2022
|Availability of the Admit Card
|2nd week of January 2022
|3rd week of January 2022
|Last date of registration for Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRIs
|last week of April 2022
|Call Letter Release (PG course)
|4th week of March 2022
|Situation Test/Group Discussion/Interview
|Final Result Declaration
- B.F.Tech (Apparel Production): Passed 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- B.Des Programme: Passed 10+2 level degree from a recognized board or university.
- M.F.Tech Programme: A Bachelor’s degree in F.Tech from NIFT or B.Tech/B.E from a recognized institute or university is required.
- M.Des Programme: A bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute or university OR A UG Diploma in UG design of minimum 3 years from NIFT or NID is required.
NIFT 2022 Application Form
NIFT Application forms will be available online at the official website of NIFT. The application fee of Rs. 2000/- (for General/OBC) & Rs. 1000/- (For SC/ST/PHP) has to be paid to complete the registration process. Candidates have to remit Rs-5000/-(which is a late fee) if they are filling the form after the last date. The application fee can be paid either through online payment gateways or through Demand Draft of any bank. Take a print out of the successfully filled NIFT 2022 Application Form and keep it safely for future records.
Reservation of Seats
|Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI
- For General/OBC: Rs-2000/-
- For ST/SC: Rs-1000/-
- The mode of payment would be DR/CR card/Demand Draft.
- The examination will be conducted through offline mode.
- There will be multiple-choice questions and the number of questions will vary for various programs.
- There will be no penalty for wrong answers.
- The question paper will be available only in English and Hindi.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
GAT for B.Des courses exam structure is as follows:
|No. of Questions
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
GAT for B.F.Tech & M.F.Tech courses exam structure is as follows
|No. of Questions
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
NIFT 2022 Admit Card
- NIFT 2022 Admit Card will be issued only to the eligible candidates which have to be downloaded from the last week of January 2022.
- It is to be noted that no Admit Card will be sent to the candidate via post.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to bring their Valid NIFT 2022 Admit card on the test center on the examination day.
NIFT 2022 Result
- NIFT 2022 result will be disclosed at the end of May/June 2022 via online mode through the official site of NIFT.
- The result of B.F.Tech will be developed on the basis of GAT only.
- Des result will compose on the basis of GAT, CAT and Situation Test while M.Des result will be developed on the basis of GAT, CAT, GD/PI.
- The final result of MFM and M.F.Tech will be announced on the basis of GAT and GD/PI.
NIFT Admission Procedure
The successful applicants of the written examination will be shortlisted for Situation Test/ Group Discussion/ Personal interview. The notification related to counseling & admission will be published at the official website of the university. The applicants are advised to bring all the required documents along with their photocopies for the counselling process. After the allotment of the seat, the applicants have to report to the allotment NIFT campus within the specified date & time to complete the admission process.
NIFT 2022 Syllabus
- For General Ability Test (GAT): The syllabus for B.Des & M.Des will comprise from these various topics such as Quantitative Ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge, Communication Ability, Analytical Ability & Current Affairs & for B.F.Tech, MFM, M.F.Tech will comprise of Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability & English Comprehension, Analytical & Logical Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs & Case Study.
- For Creative Ability Test (CAT): For B.Des & M.Des tests the creative & innovative ability of the candidates in designing while Situation test for B.Des candidates will evaluate candidate’s skills for material handling and innovative ability. The GD round would comprise of a discussion on a case study.
NIFT 2022: Important Points
- Seats will be reserved for SC/ST/PBC/PHP/ Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI/State domicile- 20% (supernumerary)
- Remit the application fee via DR/CR Card/Demand Draft.
- Admit Card will be issued to the candidates prior to a few days of the examination.
- The NIFT 2022 Examination is scheduled to be held on 19th January 2022.