IIFT 2023: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) organizes IIFT Exam called IIFT 2023 for admission to MBA (International Business). It is a national-level entrance test given by 60,000 candidates (approximately) to compete against 420 seats. A new campus of IIFT 2023 in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh is expected to start soon. The institute is waiting for the approval of UGC. Get the details related to IIFT 2023 in the article given below.
IIFT 2023: Important Dates
|IIFT Exam Notification
||3rd week of August 2022
|Starting of application form
||2nd week of September 2022
|Last date to fill the application form
||2nd week of October 2022
|Last date to Submit Request for change of Test Centre
||3rd week of October 2022
|Last date of applying through submitting GMAT scores for foreign nationals and NRIs
||3rd week of October 2022
||2nd week of November 2022
||1st week of December 2022
||2nd week of December 2022
|Scorecard release date
||2nd week of January 2023
|GD and PI Rounds
||January or February 2023
- Indian and Foreign National Students are eligible to apply in IIFT.
- A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% is required to apply.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit set by IIFT.
For Foreign National and NRI
- The candidate must possess a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India.
- Should have been a resident outside India for at least 18 months.
- The candidate must have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score.
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)
|Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
IIFT Application Form 2023
IIFT 2023 Application Fee
- General Category will be INR 1550/-
- Reserved Category will be INR 775/-
- Foreign Nationals will be INR 4,500/US $ 80
- The application fee can be paid both online using Debit/Credit Card/Net banking or offline through a Demand Draft
- DD must be drawn in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at New Delhi.
- The total duration of IIFT 2023 will be two hours.
- The exam is based on the section-wise format.
- Objective/Multiple types of questions will be asked in the IIFT exam.
- The marks distribution of each section in the exam differs from each other.
- There is a different negative marking scheme for each section.
- 1/3 of the marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
||Name of the section
||Number of questions
|2 – Part 1
|2 – Part 2
| 4 – Part 1
|4 – Part 2
The exam of IIFT 2023 will be conducted at the following places: Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Jaipur, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Allahabad, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Lucknow, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Jamshedpur
IIFT 2023 Cut Off
Sectional Cut off
Category wise Overall Cut off
- It aims to test candidates’ writing skills and conceptual knowledge about the topics.
- An essay based on some topic of General or business affairs.
- The length of a well-defined essay is usually 300 words.
- The average duration of this round is 20 minutes.
- The qualified candidates from the previous rounds are divided into groups of 10-12 participants.
- Candidates are given a topic related to current or business affairs.
- The duration of the GD usually varies.
- It aims to test candidates’ ability to take initiative, ability to effectively communicate their ideas are generally some qualities.
- The usual duration of PI round in 10-15 minutes.
- Candidates will be judged on the basis of their persona and ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Number System, Modern Mathematics, Statistics, Set theory
- English: Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Para-jumbles, Sentence Correction, Odd one out, Vocabulary based, Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms
- Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation: Critical Reasoning, Arrangements, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Coding & Decoding, Venn Diagrams, Graphs & Charts
- General Knowledge: Business & Economics, Awards & Records, Science & Environment, History & Geography, International Organisations, Social Issues, Politics & Sports