IIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022
IIT Bhubaneswar offers PhD programs in School of Basic Sciences/ Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences/ Electrical Sciences/ Humanities, Social Sciences & Mgmt./ Infrastructure, Metallurgical & Material Eng./ Mechanical Sciences & Minerals.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Application form will be available from- February 2022
- Last date for online applications- March 2022
- Last date for receiving hard copy of applications- April 2022
School of Basic Sciences
- Physics- Experimental atomic-molecular-surface Physics, Biomolecules, Plasmonics & Fiber Sensor, nanomaterial, nanophotonics, Large scale quantum simulations of nanostructures.
- Chemistry– Metal based drug design, magneto chemistry of grid complexes, co-ordination aspects of homo & heterometallic complexes, nanoparticle based sensors.
- Mathematics– Stochastic models, control of queues, soft computing, numerical methods, queuing theory, applied probability, complex dynamics & fractals, optimization theory.
- Biosciences (Biophysical chemistry)– Protein chemistry & spectroscopy, structure-function elucidation of various small heat shock protein related to different diseases (cataract, leprocy & tuberculosis), Biochemistry, G-protein coupled receptors & signal transduction, enzymology, chemical & cellular biology, peptide/protein design & eng., computational biology.
School of electrical sciences
- Electrical eng.– power transmission & distribution protection, wide area monitoring & application, high voltage eng., PMU, Power systems & power electronics drives.
- Computer Science– Computer vision, cloud computing & analytics, internet of things, network & system security, software testing & verification.
- Electronics & communication eng.- Fiber wireless (FiWi) network, Radar systems, Sensor networks, optical communication, antenna design, microwave & wireless communication, digital signal processing.
School of Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences
- Climate Science– Air-sea interactions & climate change, Monsoon dynamics, Geophysical fluid dynamics, Atmospheric aerosols & climate, Tropical meteorology, Equatorial waves.
- Geo-science– Asian monsoon variations, Paleomonsoon, Environmental & aqueous geochemistry, Paleoclimatic changes in Mahanadi basin, Geochemistry, Hydrogeology.
School of Humanities, Social Sciences & mgt.
- Psychology– Psycholinguistics, Cognitive neuroscience, Positive psychology &psychology of personality, Consumer behaviour, Cognitive psychology, Neurolinguistic, Clinical psychology.
- Economics– Open macroeconomics & natural resources economics, Natural resources mgmt., Environmental economics.
- English– Indian diaspora literature, Indian writing in English, Commonwealth studies, Travel writings/Autobiographies/Memoirs.
- For PhD eng. program- The applicants must have scored minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA in M.Tech/M.E. or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with a valid GATE score in admission year of M.Tech. OR
- Those applicants can also apply who have qualified B.Tech/B.E or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline scoring 70% or 7.5 CGPA with a valid GATE score card or a degree in UGC/CSIR-NET JRF.
- The applicants must have scored minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA in all other examinations. A single relaxation up to 10% marks either at 10th or 12th standard examination or equivalent will be allowed.
- For PhD Basic Science program- The applicants must have scored minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA in Master’s degree or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with good academic records. Provisional certificates will be acceptable. OR
- The applicants must have scored minimum 55% or 6.0 CGPA in B.Sc or equivalent degree in appropriate discipline with good academic records. Provisional certificates will be acceptable.
- The applicants should have a valid GATE score card or have a UGC/CSIR-NET JRF.
How to Apply
The applicants can apply online from the official website www.iitbbs.ac.in.
The applicants have to take a print out of the completed application form after successful completion of the same.
The applicants have to send the hard copy of the duly filled application form along with all relevant documents and send it to
Officer-on-Special Duty (Academics) IIT,
Bhubaneswar, Toshali Bhawan
Note- For details about IIT Bhubaneswar PhD Admission 2022, candidates are requested to visit official website. Given schedule is tentative, final dates will be updated on this page after release of official notice.