IIT Madras PhD Admission process July 2022 has been started: IIT Madras offers Ph.D. programs in numerous disciplines. The applicants who are interested can apply online from the official website of IIT Madras. The interested applicants can apply online from the website http://research.iitm.ac.in OR http://www.iitm.ac.in after the release of official notice. IIT Madras offers Ph.D. program admissions in regular full-time (with/without Half-time teaching research assistantship OR HTRA) and part-time/external program in various departments such as applied mechanics, chemical eng., computer science & eng., aerospace eng., biotechnology, civil eng., electrical eng. humanities & social, mechanical eng. engineering design, mathematics, metallurgical & material eng. design, petroleum eng. ocean eng. and physics.
IIT Madras PhD 2022 Updates
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras Ph.D application window for July 2022 is open from 15th March to 30th April 2022.
IIT Madras PhD Admission 2022 Dates- Announced
|Registration of Application form opened from||15 March 2022|
|Last date of receipt of completed application form||30 April 2022|
|Written Test and Interview or Interview||–|
|Selected candidates join on||–|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Already Registered Candidates||Check Here|
|New Registration||Check Here|
For Regular (full-time) Research Scholars
Ph.D. in Engineering
- The applicants must have a Master’s degree in Engg./technology OR Master’s degree by Research in Engg./technology with excellent academic records.
- The applicants with a Master’s degree in sciences with excellent academic records & of exceptional merit can apply, for relevant Engg. discipline (as prescribed by the department). They must have a valid GATE score OR UGC-JRF/NET/CSIRJRF/NBHM/INSPIRE OR equivalent qualification in a relevant area.
- In case the applicants having Bachelor’s degree in Engg./technology OR with more 5 years of relevant experience after a Master’s degree, the requirement of a test score may be waived by the selection committee.
- The applicants who have qualified for the award of bachelor’s degree in Engg./technology with an exceptionally good academic record in an eligible discipline will be considered for direct admission under these conditions.
Ph.D. in Science
- Master’s degree in science with an excellent academic record and a valid GATE score OR UGCJRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NBHM/INSPIRE OR equivalent qualification.
- Master’s degree in Engg./technology with an excellent academic record.
- Tech degree holders of an IIT scoring minimum 8 CGPA OR with a valid GATE scores.
- Tech/B.E degree of any recognized university in India scoring a minimum 8 CGPA OR equivalents with valid GATE score.
- The applicants scoring CGPA more than 8 in M.Sc in science departments of IIT Madras can get direct admission to their Ph.D. program in science with interviews at the departmental level.
Check here: Ph.D. Admission Notification 2022
Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
- Master’s degree/dual degree OR equivalent in relevant discipline AND qualifying UGC-NET OR JRF/CSIR-JRF/GATE score OR any national level examination for the current year in relevant area OR international levels PG admission examination such as GRE (non-HTRA) OR Master’s degree in Engg./technology with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum 3years of experience in research/industry in lieu of the above examination (only for Non-HTRA applicants)
Ph.D. in Management
- Master degree or equivalent PG diploma OR associateship in a relevant discipline and a Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record OR 5 years integrated master’s degree/dual degree OR equivalent in a relevant discipline with an excellent academic record. AND
- Qualifying in national examinations such as CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/GATE/UGC or CSIR/NET/JRF or Lectureship or equivalent or international level PG admission examination such as GMAT/GRE or equivalent. OR
- Minimum 5 years of managerial experience in lieu of the above examination (only for Non-HTRA).
- Master’s degree in Engg./technology with an excellent academic record or a master’s degree by research in Engg./technology in relevant discipline are exempted from qualifying in national level examination.
For Institute Staff members/Research Scholars under QIP/Research Scholars under External Registration/Research Scholars working on a part-time basis
- For research scholars in the above categories, the educational criteria are the same as above for Regular (full-time) Research Scholars for admission to the Ph.D. program in respective categories.
- A valid GATE score or CSIR/UGC-NET/NBHM/CAT/AIMA/JRF or equivalent qualification as applicable for regular (full-time) research scholars may not be needed in these cases.
- Next to it, the residential requirement is considered as fulfilled for MS/Ph.D. scholars admitted from among employees of the organization posted to IITM Research Park.
One year PG program from accredited universities is considered as one of the eligibility criteria for admission to a Ph.D. in IIT Madras. The conditions are as follows-
- The selection committee may consider the applicants as a direct Ph.D. if they found suitable & fulfill eligibility criteria.
- The program completed already in 1 year PG course may be considered by the Doctoral committee towards the requirement for a direct Ph.D.
- The scholars will be eligible for HTRA if they qualify GATE.
IIT Madras PhDAdmission 2022 Application Form
The applicants have to apply online from the official website of IIT Madras on or before the last date of application. They are advised to go through the eligibility criteria before they start their application procedure. The applicants have to submit their forms online only. They are advised to take the printout of the duly filled application form for further reference.
Steps to Apply
- Register yourself from http://research.iitm.ac.in/
- There should not be any empty space in the login name.
- Issues have been reported when you use Hotmail ID for registration, hence remember this while providing your mail ID.
- You will get a mail after registration containing a link to activate your account.
- Follow the “Apply to Department” menu to fill the application (Max 3 applications permit per user)
- All the required information should be correct before the final submission.
- Once you submit, you will be accessing the payment portal.
- Once you pay the application fee, you will get an application number.
- You will get an email containing your application.
- If the email is not delivered then you need to use the “Apply to Department” menu to download the application.
- The selected applicants for personal interview round will have to bring these documents with the printed copy of the application submitted online along with original and photocopies of required documents.
|GEN/OBC-NCL Male candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|GEN/OBC-NCL Female candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|PWD candidates||Rs. 50/-|
|SC/ST Candidates||Rs. 50/-|
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the concerned departments will attend the Interview / Test by the selection committees of the concerned departments. The authority may be considered the applications of foreign nationals without a personal interview/test.
For M.Sc./M.A/M.Com or equivalent qualification with valid GATE/NET
- 31,000/- p.m. First 2 years
- 35,000/- p.m. next 3 years
For M.E/M.Tech or equivalent qualification
- 31,000/- p.m. First 2 years
- 35,000/- p.m. next 3 years