IIT JAM 2020 Application Form will be available from 5th September 2019. Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test (IIT-JAM) for M.Sc. An engineering aspirant needs to qualify this entrance test who has completed his bachelor’s and is willing to pursue a Master degree from India’s reputed IIT’s. M.Sc. or Ph.D. or M.Sc.-PhD Dual degree professional courses offered by the IIT’s and IISc could be opted by JAM Aspirants and each IIT institute offers specialized courses in its respective manner.
IIT JAM 2020 Important Dates
|Availability of the Application form||5th September 2019|
|Deadline to submit the online application & uploading documents||8th October 2019|
|Deadline for the application fee payment||2nd week of October 2019|
|Availability of the Admit card||7th January 2020|
|Mock test link||February 2020|
|Exam Date||9th February 2020|
|Result Declaration||20th March 2020|
|Submission of admission form||9th April – 22nd April 2020|
|Last Date for receipt of the request for change of category||4th May 2020|
|First admission list released||1st June 2020|
|Second admission list released||16th June 2020|
|Third & final admission list release||29th June 2020|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2020||3rd July 2020|
Procedure to fill IIT JAM Application Form 2020
The application form will be completed in the following steps:
- Know the Important Data Needed While Applying
- Register Online
- Fill Details in the Application Form
- Upload Scanned Images
- Fee Payment
- Print Application Form
Steps to fill IIT JAM Application Form 2020
- Visit the official website to fill IIT JAM Application Form 2020.
- Do you have to start your registration as a new user by clicking on “New User? Register Here”.
- Enter your correct name, e-mail address and mobile number correctly.
- You will get a confirmation message and your Enrolment ID will be sent to you as an e-mail and an SMS.
- Enter your login credentials and submit the form.
- In the application form, enter all the required details.
- Upload the documents as per specifications set by officials.
- Fill all the necessary information in the Online Application form.
- Verify all the details and Proceed to Payment.
- After successful payment of fees, a Fee Payment Number will be generated.
- Save the Fee Payment Number for further official use.
- In the end, candidates should take a printout of the filled application form for further use.
- Also, keep this Enrolment ID for every important communication related to IIT JAM 2020 Exam.
The applicants have to pay an application fee to complete the application procedure either through online mode or offline (E-challan) mode via SBI. In online mode, the application fee can be paid through net banking, debit/credit card. The application fee once paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PWD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
- Both Indian and Foreign Candidates can apply.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- The applying candidates shall have to fulfil the following eligibility requirement for admission in IITs and IISc.
- Candidates belonging to the General/OBC-NCL Category, have to get at least 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree, without rounding off (50% aggregate for candidates who belong to the SC/ST and PWD Category Candidates).
- Candidates appearing in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2020 are also eligible for this entrance exam.
Programmes at the IITs
- MSc.-PhD Dual Degree
- MSc. (Four Semesters)
- Joint M.Sc.-PhD
Programmes at the IISc
- Integrated PhD Degree
JAM 2020 Exam Pattern
- Examination Type: Objective type test
- The number of questions: 60 divided into three sections viz. A, B, C
- Time Duration: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: 60 questions carrying 100 marks
- Mode: Computer Based Test
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in Section B and Section C.
|Section-A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Section-B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)|
|Section-C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
Note- For more details regarding IIT JAM 2020 Application form, Candidates can visit the official website of JAM.