GATE 2022: GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is one of the popular examinations of the country which is regulated jointly by 7 IITs (Guwahati, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Mumbai, Kanpur, Delhi, and Chennai) and IISc rotationally. It is a gateway for eligible applicants to get admission in various PG engineering courses such as M.Tech, M.E offered by IITs, NITs, other CFTI and many other private institutions. The direct admission in the Ph.D. course has also been done through GATE. Let’s have a look at the details of the GATE 2022- application process, eligibility criteria, exam dates, etc.
GATE 2022 Overview
- EXAM: GATE 2022 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- ORGANIZING INSTITUTE: To be updated
- MODE OF EXAM: Online (Computer Based Test)
- NUMBER OF QUESTIONS: 65
- NUMBER OF PAPERS: 23
- TOTAL MARKS: 100
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS: MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) NAT (Numerical Answer Type)
- EXAM DURATION: 3 Hours
- MARKING CRITERIA: 1/3 marks deducted for 1 mark question and 2/3 marks deducted for every 2 mark question
- MINIMUM PERCENTILE: To be updated.
GATE 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of September 2021|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||last week of September 2021|
|Last Date of Application with late fee||1st week of October 2021|
|Last Date to request for the change in exam city||2nd week of November 2021|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||1st week of January 2022|
|Exam Date||1st week of February 2022|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of March 2022|
|Downloading of Score Card Begins||3rd week of May 2022|
|Counselling Commence||2nd week of April 2022|
Those candidates fulfill the given eligibility criteria, they can apply GATE 2022.
|Qualification Required||Description of the Qualifying Degree||Status of the Degree||Year of Passing|
|B.Arch||5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2022|
|B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm||4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2022|
|B.Sc. Research/ B.S.||4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2022|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology||Currently in 4th/5th year or completed||2022|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.)||4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology||Presently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or completed||2024|
|Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S./M. S. program||Pursuing final year examination or completed||2022|
|M. Sc./ M.A./ MCA or Equivalent||Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently in final year or completed||2022|
|Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E./ B.Arch||B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
|For Examination Centres in India|
|All other candidates||Rs. 1500|
|Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates||Rs. 750|
|For Examination Centres in Foreign Countries|
|Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- The examination duration will be 3 hours.
- The examination mode will be online only (CBT).
- Total 65 questions of maximum 100 marks will be asked in GATE.
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) & Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT) will appear in GATE examination.
- For MCQ, 4 choices will be provided while there will be no options provided for NAT.
- Students are required to enter the real number in Numerical Answer Type Questions with the help of virtual keypad.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: General Aptitude (GA) section is common in all papers.
- It will contain total 150 questions of maximum 15 marks (5 questions of 1 mark and 5 questions of 2 marks).
- MCQ and NAT questions will carry 1 or 2 marks in all papers.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/3 marks for the questions carrying 1 mark.
- Likewise, for questions carrying 2 marks, 2/3 marks will be deducted. No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type questions.
|Section||Question No.||No. of questions||Marks per question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions: 65||Total Marks: 100||Total Duration: 3 hours|
|Technical Section: 70 marks||General Aptitude: 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics: 15 marks|
|25 marks to 40 marks will be allotted to Numeric Answer Type Questions|
GATE 2022 Admit Card
Candidates can download the GATE Admit Card 2022 from the official site. The admit card will be uploaded online from 2nd week of December. In order to get it, you need to login to GOAPS by entering your enrolment ID and your valid email address. The admit cards are important to be downloaded on time as it consists important details such as roll number, the name of the candidate, examination center and examination schedule. Candidates need to bring GATE Admit Card with a valid Photo ID proof in order to enter the examination hall.
Papers to Apply for GATE
|3.||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|7.||Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|9.||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|13.||Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|21.||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|22.||Textile Engineering & Fibre Science||TF|
|23.||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
Zone and Administrative Institutes for GATE
|Zone||Administering Institute||Zonal Websites|
|Zone-9||International GATE, IIT Guwahati|
GATE 2022 Cut Off
The cut off marks will be declared differently by each participating institute and it will also be distinct for different courses. Various public and private sector undertakings that consider GATE scores for employment purposes will also declare their own cut off marks. The cut off marks will be published in the official website.
GATE 2022 Counseling Procedure
Indian institution of Technologies (IITs) will not engage in the activity of organizing a common GATE Counselling for granting admission to various PG courses. After the declaration of the official GATE result, candidates have to register separately to various IITs. All the NITs will organize the Centralized Counselling for PG engineering programmes such as M.Arch. / M.Tech. /M.Plan.
- The procedure of counseling will be scheduled by CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan).
- The counseling will start once the results for GATE 2022 will be declared.
- The allotment of seats will be done on the basis of applicants’ performance in the written examination.