Jharkhand B.Ed Admission will be conducted through the entrance examination. Hence, the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) organizes the B.Ed. entrance exam every year to shortlist the eligible candidates. Most of the colleges in Jharkhand grants admission to candidates on its basis only. So, the interested students need to apply online for the same.
Usually, the online application procedure begins in March. However, to know other relevant details, eligibility criteria before applying for the Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023, read the following article.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023: Highlights
The shortlisted candidates through the Jharkhand B.Ed Entrance Exam are eligible to get admission in Government/ Government aided/ unaided/ Self-financed and private recognized B.Ed. institutions. Besides this, a preference is given to candidates of Jharkhand over the other states students, Because the 85% of total seats are reserved for students who cleared the qualifying exam from the university within Jharkhand. However, only 15% of the seats are available for other states’ students.
The entrance exam is conducted in the specified examination centers in Ranchi only. So the candidates can download the admit card to appear in the entrance exam. Therefore, a link to download the admit card will be provided to the applicants 4 days before the exam.
Lastly, if a tie is found in the entrance exam marks between the applicants, then the scores of the qualifying exam will be considered. However, if the tie persists, then applicants with an NCC ‘C’/ NSS certificate will be given preference. Also, only the candidates from Jharkhand will have the benefits of category reservations as well (SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD).
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 Important Dates
The Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 schedule declared by the JCECEB is given below. So, it is important for the Jharkhand B.Ed aspirants to not skip any of these important events on their scheduled date.
|Beginning of application form submission
|Last date of the online application submission
|Date to re-login and upload qualification details (only for appearing candidates of 2020)
|Availability of Admit Card
|Date of Examination
Before proceeding further, the candidates must know whether they meet the eligibility criteria for Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 or not. Hence, major eligibility requirements for the same are given below:
- The applicants must possess either a bachelor’s or master’s degree (Social Science/ Science/ Commerce/ Humanities). Also, he/she musty have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the previous exam.
- Besides this, the students of B.E or B.Tech degree with a specialization in Science and Maths scoring at least 55% marks are also eligible.
- Lastly, the candidate has to select a subject of his/her choice from bachelor’s or master’s level which should be of overall 200 marks. Also, the students must have scored at least 50% marks in that subject.
Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 Application Procedure
The application procedure of Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 is processed online only. Hence, a guide for the online application form submission is explained in the following points:
- It begins with visiting the official portal of Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023, i.e. http://jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in
- Later, the candidates have to register themselves providing the basic personal details along with phone no. and email address.
- Once the registration is completed, the main application form will be available to the registered candidates.
- Further, the personal details, contact no. and educational details must be provided as asked in the application form.
- Besides this, the scanned images of the following documents must be uploaded along with the application form in the specified format given on the official website:
- Mark sheet and certificate of class 10th/ Metric
- Graduation mark sheet
- Masters degree mark sheet (if applicable)
- NCC ‘C’/ NSS certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate (for the candidate of Jharkhand)
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Once the application form is submitted, applicants must submit the prescribed application fee.
The application fee for the Jharkhand B.Ed admission 2023 must be deposited online payment gateways using net banking, credit, or debit card. However, the application fee for the applicants varies as per their category. Thus, for the general category applicants, the application fee is Rs. 1000. However, for applicants of Backward classes I and II, the prescribed fee for the application form is Rs. 750. Lastly, the female candidates (from Jharkhand) and SC/ST candidates have to pay Rs. 500 only.
The entrance exam for the Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 is conducted offline for a duration of 2 hours. Only objective type MCQs will be asked in the exam and there will be a total of 100 questions for the applicants. Overall the examination will be of 100 marks, so for each question, one mark will be rewarded. However, negative marking is also there for which 0.25 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Further, the 100 marks entrance exam for the Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 is explained here in detail. There will be 30 questions asked from Language proficiency (including 15 questions from Hindi and 15 from English) for 1 mark each. Also, from the reasoning ability, 30 questions will be asked comprising of 30 marks. The remaining 40 questions comprising of 40 marks will be covered from Teaching aptitude.
Jharkhand B.Ed Result & Merit List
Once the entrance exam for the Jharkhand B.Ed Admission 2023 is successfully held, the result will be declared online on the official website. Hence, all the candidates who have appeared in the examination can easily access the result feeding their registration no. Also, based on the candidate’s performance in the examination, a merit list is prepared and uploaded online by the board. So, the individuals whose names appear on the merit list will be called further for counseling and admission procedure.
Jharkhand B.Ed 2023 Counselling
After the declaration of the result for the Jharkhand B.Ed entrance exam 2023, the counseling schedule will also be released. Thereafter, an online session will be conducted for the counseling round. Only the candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam are eligible to participate in counseling. During the counseling session, the candidates are allowed to choose the college as per their choice to pursue the B.Ed. course. Finally, the selected candidates have to pay the admission fee to confirm their seats.