Karnataka DCET 2022: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Diploma Common Entrance Test (DCET) for admissions to the 2nd year Engineering and 1st year Architecture courses. Karnataka DCET application process will be online only and is divided into two parts. Candidates can fill the form online from the official website kea.kar.nic.in before the last date. Applicants have to register themselves in order to complete the application process. Candidates can get admission on the basis of their score in the entrance exam. Candidates can get more details about Karnataka DCET 2022 from the article given below.
Karnataka DCET 2022: Important Dates
|Starting Date of Online Application Form||3rd week of May 2022|
|Ending Date of Online Application Form||4th week of June 2022|
|Releasing Date of Admit Card||2nd week of July 2022|
|Date of Entrance Examination||3rd week of July 2022|
|Declaration Date of Result||2nd week of Aug 2022|
For B.E courses (Day shift)/ B.E courses (Evening shift)
- A diploma or a similar kind of education with a minimum of 45% in total is required for B.E. Courses (40% for ST, SC & OBC category candidates).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience from a registered company and government independent organization in engineering is also required.
For Architecture Courses
- The candidate must appear for National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) conducted by Council of Architecture and has to secure a minimum of 40% marks.
- A final year (Fifth and sixth semester) diploma examination or any other equivalent exam with a minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects.
- The minimum qualifying percentage is 45% for SC/ST/Other Backward candidates of Karnataka.
Karnataka DCET 2022 Application Form
Visit the official website to apply for Karnataka DCET 2022. After that, search for the link of the Karnataka DCET 2022 Application form and click on that. Fill in all the important information in the application form such as the applicant’s name, the Applicants age, father’s name, qualifications. Pay the application fee and upload all the required documents. Scan all your important documents and a new color passport size photograph and signature to upload in the form. Take a printout of your application form for future uses.
- The application fee for General and OBC applicants the fee will be Rs. 700/-.
- For SC and ST applicants, the application fee will be Rs. 500/-.
- All fees must pay by using net banking, credit/debit card.
- The nature of the examination will be Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) types.
- There will be 180 questions.
- The duration of the Examination will be 3 Hours.
- The paper will be of a total of 180 marks.
- The candidate will mark the answer in the examination with a blue/black ballpoint pen only.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
|Applied Mathematics||40||Common to all branches|
|Applied Science||40||Common to all branches|
|Engineering Paper: (Aeronautical / Ceramics / Civil / Chemical / Computer Science / Electronics & Communication / Electrical & Electronics/ Environmental/ Mechanical / Mining / Textile)||100||Separate Question Paper for all the engineering subjects as per the group to which they belong|
|Number of Questions||180|
Kannada Language Test
- This test will be done to check their ability to speak, read and write Kannada.
- For candidates who are claiming eligibility for Government seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga clauses and whose mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu, or Kodava, this test will be conducted.
- This test will be conducted in Bangalore only.
- It will be for a total of 50 marks.
- The candidate needs to score a minimum of 12 marks.
Official Website: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/