Karnataka PGCET 2022: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGCET), to provide admission into MBA/MCA/M.E/M.Tech. Karnataka PGCET 2022 is a gateway for the candidates who want to apply for these courses in various colleges/universities in the state of Karnataka. Candidates who appeared for GATE are exempt from appearing to Karnataka PGCET. Check here details for Karnataka PGCET 2022 Notifications, Eligibility Criteria, Application Form, and Important Dates below on this page.
Karnataka PGCET 2022 Important Dates
|Application Form Availability Date||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last Date for Form Filling||2nd week of June 2022|
|Admit Card Releasing Date||last week of June 2022|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of July 2022|
|Result Declaration Date||2nd week of August 2022|
|Counselling Start Date||3rd week of August 2022|
- The candidates must belong to Karnataka state & have a domicile certificate of Karnataka and those are not belong to Karnataka state are eligible for admission into MBA/MCA seats.
- Having a valid GATE scorecard is not eligible to appear the Karnataka PGCET exam, but they can fill the application form.
- SC/ST/Category-I/OBC eligibility criteria apply to Karnataka Candidates only.
- MBA (Full Time/Part-Time): Pass 3 years Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent examination. OR
- Secure aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates)
- For MCA: Pass undergraduate or equivalent examination with Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Application, Computer Programming, Business Mathematics, and Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects. OR
- Score aggregate at least 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates)
- MCA (Lateral Entry): Pass bachelor’s degree in BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduate level. OR
- Obtain an aggregate minimum 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates)
- ME/M.Tech/M.Arch (Full Time/Part-Time): Pass qualifying or equivalent examination. OR
- Secure an aggregate minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in QE in case of SC/ST & Category I of Karnataka candidates.
- A candidate must have a valid Gate score.
- The application fee for Karnataka PGCET 2022 will be Rs. 650 (General & OBC category)
- For SC/ST Category, the application fee will be Rs. 500.
- The application fee can be paid through challan deposited in any of the branches of state bank of Mysore.
- The exam will be held through offline mode (Pen-Paper Based).
- The question will be of (Objective) Multiple Choice type.
- The duration of the examination will be 2½ hours.
- A total of 100 questions will be asked in the examination for each course.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language only.
- One mark will be given to the candidate for the correct answer in the MBA exam. In MCA & ME/M.Tech/M. Arch, for PART I one mark & for PART II two marks will be allotted for the correct response.
- There will be no negative marking.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
Karnataka PGCET 2022 Counselling
The Karnataka PGCET Counselling process will be started in the 1st week of September 2022 after the publication of the merit list. Candidates have to attend the counselling in-person (itself) for the seat allotment and have to choose the college and stream on the day of counselling. Based on the marks secured in the examination, the seat will be allotted to the candidates. The candidate’s documents will be verified at the time of counselling.
Candidates will be allotted with the college and subject opted by the candidate after completion of the seat selection procedure. The candidates can download an admission letter from the official website before the due date. Candidate can join the allotted college with the allotment letter. Submit the admission fee along with the original documents. Bring one set of photocopies of all documents to the allotted college.
Documents required at the time Counselling:
- SSLC or 10th standard or equivalent examination Mark Sheet
- Study Certificate
- 2nd PUC or 12th standard or qualifying examination Mark Sheet
- Passing Degree Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Income Certificate (If candidate claiming to Caste reservation)
- Valid Caste Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Physically Disabled Certificate (if Applicable)
Karnataka PGCET 2022 Important Points
- Candidates will avail the admit card through online mode from the KEA website.
- The admit card will contain candidate & exam details such as the name of the candidate, category, gender, exam center address, date & time of the exam, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the admission process not over.
- The result will be declared through online mode from our website.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks secured by the candidates in the exam.