KCET 2021: Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a state-level entrance test conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) for admission to Engineering, AYUSH, Farm Science, B.Pharm courses. The candidates will be allotted seats into the institutes, based on the scores secured in KCET. The KCET medical exam has discontinued as the NEET becoming the national level medical/dental entrance test. The admission to Architecture is based on NATA scores or JEE Main Paper 2 through KCET Counselling. The examination is scheduled to be held in the 1st week of May 2021. For more details about KCET 2021 read the article mentioned below.
|B.Pharm||B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)|
|Pharm-D||B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry)|
|B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)||Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry|
|BH.Sc. (Home Science)||AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses.|
|B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology||B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology)|
KCET 2021 Overview
|EXAM NAME||KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)|
|ORGANIZING AUTHORITY||Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)|
|EXAM TYPE||State Level Entrance Test|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry), B.Sc Agri Bio-Technology, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, BH.Sc. (home science), B.F.Sc. (Fisheries), B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op), B.Pharm, Pharm-D and AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses, B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology),.|
|MODE OF EXAM||Pen and Paper based mode in OMR pattern|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||240|
|SECTION||Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|MARKING SCHEME||1 mark for each correct answer and 0 marks for each incorrect answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Questions|
|EXAM DURATION||5 hours and 20 minutes|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||10+2 with different subjects for different courses|
|EXAM DATE||It will be updated soon.|
KCET 2021: Important Dates
|Availability of the Online Application form||1st week of February 2021|
|Last date to submit Application Form||4th week of February 2021|
|Last Date for Fee||1st week of March 2021|
|Edit application form||3rd week of March 2021|
|Availability of the Admit Card date||2nd week of April 2021|
|KCET 2021 Exam Date||4th week of April 2021|
|Result Declaration||Last week of May 2021|
|Commencement of Counselling||2nd week of June 2021|
- B.Tech/BE: 12th/2ndPUC with English as one of the language subjects and obtaining 45% aggregate marks in Physics & Mathematics along with Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Electronics/Computer.
- B.Arch: 12th/2ndPUC with English as one of the Languages and physics, chemistry & mathematics subjects obtaining 50% aggregate marks in all subjects.
- B.Pharma: in 2ndPUC/12th with PCB or PCM and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects OR Passed in Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution approved by PCI and a secured minimum of 45% marks.
- B.V. Sc. & A.H.: 12th/2ndPUC with obtaining 50% aggregate marks in PCB & English.
- MBBS/BDS/Ayush Courses: 12th/2ndPUC with English as one of the language subjects and obtaining 50% aggregate marks in PCB.
- Reserved category candidates are relaxed with 5% marks in the above qualification.
KCET 2021 Application Form
KCET 2021 application form will be available via online mode in the 4th week of January 2021 lasting till the 1st week of March. Candidates need to upload the scanned images like photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression in the prescribed format. Candidates have to fill the personal details carefully prior to filling the application form. Take a print out of the successfully filled application for further reference.
The application fee for various categories is mentioned below:
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
- Application fee payment will be done in offline mode (Bank Challan).
- Candidates residing outside India can pay the fee through DD drawn in favor of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore.
- DD should be sent to the KEA address mentioning the application number.
- Mode of the examination: Offline (Pen and Paper based mode).
- Type of questions: MCQ
- No. of questions: 60 will be asked from each section.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer and there is no provision of negative marking.
- Duration: 80 minutes allotted for each section.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
|Belgaum||Chitradurga||K G F||Raichur||Tumkur|
Cut off for Top Engineering Colleges
|University Visveswariah College of Engineering, Bangalore||11674||7216||19343||5652||5848|
|Sir M.Visveswaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore||17092||19078||19758||6230||4319|
|B M S College of Engineering, Basavanagudi, Bangalore||2304||5143||8193||–||1601|
|R. V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||584||622||3354||573||798|
|Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore||11208||15598||17578||5396||6799|
|P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore||4187||3227||8866||2387||2827|
|S K S J T Institute of Engineering, Bangalore||–||–||24140||17112||19509|
|Dr Ambedkar Institute Of Technology, Bangalore||19764||22837||24047||10372||14023|
|M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore||3639||5949||10175||3042||2432|
|Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore||10846||8811||16493||5555||5797|
The successful candidates KCET 2021 will have to take part in the counselling process. The initial step of the Counselling Process is to make choice locking of the colleges and courses. Details about counselling will be available on the Official Website of Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). Allotment for admissions into 267 engineering colleges, 32 architecture colleges, 61 pharmacy colleges, 39 farm science colleges and 76 ISM&H colleges will be through the counselling.
The Syllabus will be prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Syllabus for engineering courses will be based on PCM subjects and the syllabus for pharmacy will be based on PCB subjects.
Important Books for KCET 2021
- New course Physics by Pradeep (K.L. Gomber and K.L. Gogia)
- Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical (Paperback) by MTG
- Principles of physics by S.Chands (V.K Mehta and Rohit Mehta)
- Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB (Paperback) by MTG
- Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics by NCERT
- Modern ABC chemistry by S.P. Jauhar KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2000 – 2013) III Edition (Paperback) by Arihant
KCET 2021: Important Points
- You can fill the application through online mode only.
- Appearing candidates can also fill the application form of KCET 2021.
- The registration will be started from the fourth week of January 2021.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through the SBI bank challan.
- Candidates can check the eligibility from the above-given section.
- The eligibility criteria vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- The application form is common for all the courses.
- You can attend only physics, chemistry and biology papers.
Official Website: https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/