JKCET 2024: Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test is a state-level examination conducted every year and is administered by the Jammu & Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (JKBOPEE) for admission to the programs such as Engineering(B.Tech) and Architecture(B.Arch). This entrance will be helpful for the students to get admission in various government-based institutions situated in the state of Jammu & Kashmir. Admission into the medical program will be offered on the basis of NEET UG score. In order to appear for this entrance exam, candidates will have to apply for JKCET 2024.
JKCET 2024: Important Dates
|Notification release||4th week of January 2024|
|Availability of the Application Form||1st week of February 2024|
|Last date to Submit Registration Form||4th week of March 2024|
|Issuing Date of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2024|
|JKCET 2024 Exam Date||4th week of April 2024|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of May 2024|
|Mock exercise||4th week of May 2024|
|Filling up of Online Preferences||4th week of May 2024|
|Online Payment of Fee||2nd week of June 2024|
- Applicants must be a permanent resident of J& K state.
- Minimum Intermediate or equivalent exam from a recognized board is required with a minimum percentile of 50% (for general) and 40% (for reserved candidates).
- Candidates have to qualify for the 12th standard with PCM & English as the main subjects.
- Students appearing in the final year will be eligible to apply for JKCET 2024.
- The age limit should be 17yrs on or before 31st December 2024.
- There is no maximum age bar limit to apply.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||11%|
|Children of Defense Personnel||3%|
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||25%|
JKCET 2024 Application Form
The Application form will be available through online mode. Fill the details in the application form carefully. Candidates also have to upload copies of marks certificate (if the result is announced), permanent residence certificate, & category certificate (if applicable). Upload the scanned images (photograph size 500KB, signature & thumb impression size 200KB) in the JPG/JPEG format. Remit the application fee and don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form.
- The application fee amounts to Rs- 1200/- for all candidates.
- Mode of payment could be online mode through Credit Card/Debit Card and net banking.
- The examination will be conducted offline mode.
- The entrance test shall be held at the centers located in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- 60 Multiple choice questions from each subject will be asked in the exam.
- The exam will be for 3 hours.
- 1 mark for each correct answer will be awarded and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions|
JKCET 2024 Counselling
Qualified candidates will be called for the counseling procedure. No separate call letter will be sent to the candidates. Candidates have to bring their original certificates along with Rs-500/- as a counseling fee. In the counseling session, candidates have to select the college/course according to their preference.
Documents s required during counseling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and Passing certificate.
- DOB certificate
- Permanent resident certificate
- Scorecard of JKCET 2024 exam
- Category certificate
- Challan copy
The syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th standards and the questions will be asked from these subjects such as physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
JKCET 2024: Important Points
- The Admit Card will be issued via online mode on the last week of April 2024.
- It is necessary to paste the photograph on top of the admit card after acquiring it.
- It is mandatory for the candidate to bring the admit card on the exam date otherwise the invigilator will not permit them to enter the examination hall.
- Admit card contains details like the name of the participant, roll no., DOB, exam date and timings, exam venue, etc.
- The answer key will be uploaded by the authority to its official site after a few days of the commencement of the examination.
- If any candidate is unsatisfied with the answers and wants to challenge the answer key then he/she has to submit Rs-1000/-.
- The result will get disclosed in the fourth week of May 2024 on its official site.
- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the JKCET 2024 exam.
Official Website: https://www.jkbopee.gov.in/