Kerala GNM Admission 2023: Directorate of Medical Education (DME), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) invites applications for admission to the Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery Course, offered at the Government of Nursing at Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode, and Kottayam. Under Special Component Plan /Tribal Sub, Plan All Seats at these institutes are reserved for SC/ST candidates. Candidates will get admission to the Government of Nursing at Thiruvananthapuram. The three-year duration of the Diploma course, in General Nursing and Midwifery, includes an internship. For more details about DME Kerala GNM Admission, candidates can read the following article.
Total number of seats in DME Kerala GNM Admission
|Govt. College of Nursing||No of seats||Candidates|
|Thiruvananthapuram (Academic Block, PIPMS)||30||For SC only|
|Kozhikode||30||For SC only|
|Kottayam (Academic Block, Annexe Building)||30||For ST only|
- SC candidates will be considered in the last allotment process only in 20 seats in the absence of ST candidates.
- Citizens of Kerala origin are eligible for admission to the course.
- The candidate must be proved is an Indian Citizen of Kerala origin for the limited purpose of eligibility for admission.
- Passed the 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as optional subjects and English with 40% aggregate mark equivalent examination conducted by the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates also carry the Secondary School Leaving Certificate of either of the parents of the candidate showing Place of Birth in Kerala with a corroborative certificate to establish the relationship between the parent and the candidate.
- The duration of the Diploma course shall be of three years including internship.
- The maximum period for the successful completion of the course is 6 years
Kerala GNM Admission 2023 Application form
From the official website of Directorate of Medical Education, Download the application form and Prospectus of DME Kerala GNM Admission and the official website would be www.dme.kerala.gov.in. The examination authority will not accept the application forms of previous years. As per the documents, fill the application form correctly. Before the last date send the form with all the required documents on or fixed for the receipt of applications. No applications will be received in person in the office of the Director of Medical Education except on the last date and the examination authority will not consider late applications under any circumstances.
Document to be sent with the Application form
- Original Application fee receipt.
- certificate to prove the date of birth.
- Candidates must have Mark list of all parts of Higher Secondary or Equivalent Examination and pass certificate in the qualifying examination.
- Recent Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution in which the candidate studied last/Gazetted Officer should be produced or Proof of Nativity.
- From the revenue authority, the Concerned Certificate of community obtained.
- From a Government Medical Officer Certificate of Physical Fitness not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon.
Kerala GNM Application Fee
- The fee for DMK Kerala GNM Admission 2020 will be Rs.100/.
- There will be a centralized allotment process, conducted by DME for the allotment.
- The allotment dates shall be notified by DME on the official website of DME.
Date of Joining
- Selected candidates shall join the college on the date notified in this behalf.
- From the date of commencement of the classes, the attendance will be calculated.
- The selected SC/ST candidate is eligible for educational concession.
- Concession will be available only for a period of 3 years
- The Concession will be given from the payment of fees as per orders of the Government issued in this regard from time to time.
Visit the official website of DME Kerala