The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) invites applications for the grant of scholarships to students for pursuing studies leading to a Master’s Degree in Mathematics for the academic year 2019-20. The candidates receive their scholarship for only one year. Below are given more details about the NBHM Scholarship for MA/MSc. Read the following article carefully.
NBHM Scholarship for MA/MSc: Important Dates
|Receiving the application form
|4th week of July 2020
|Contact the zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date
|Last week of August 2020
|The date of download the admission tickets
|1st week of September 2020
|3rd week of October 2020
NBHM Scholarship for MA/MSc
- During the two-year period of the post-graduate program Qualify candidates will receive a scholarship of Rs.6000/- per month, the scholarships are sanctioned for one year at a time and it will be renewable at the end of the year, subject to satisfactory progress.
- The University selects the candidates for award of the scholarship when in the final year of the MA/M.Sc. or five-year integrated M.Sc. candidates will receive their scholarship for only one year.
- Candidates holding a B.A (Hons)/B.Sc. (Hons.) degree in mathematics with at least a second class or they hold a first-class BA/B.Sc. degree in mathematics.
- Candidates must have a good academic record who have already completed or expect to complete by July 2019and 1 year of a recognized M.Sc. Program in mathematics.
- Candidates in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc. Program expecting to complete the course by July 2019 with a first-class (or, in case of an honors program, at least a second class.
- Candidates who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2019, three or four years of a five-year Integrated M.Sc. all the Program related in mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first-class.
- candidates should be below the age of 23 years as on January 1, 2010. Exceptional cases, however, may be considered on merit.
- The selection procedure is the basis of a written test followed by an interview of shortlisted candidates.
- The exam will be of two and a half hours’ duration and involve questions requiring short answers, primarily in the areas of analysis and algebra, but also in other areas of mathematics covered in undergraduate mathematics programs.
Written test Centers
|Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar
|Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
|Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
|Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Shillong
|Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad
The application process is conducted through online mode. Candidates should be sent, along with a recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant a fixed to it and a self-addressed envelope to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone. After that candidates can give the written exam. Candidate must be filled 2 centers from the zone in which (s)he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference.
Visit the official website of NBHM