NEST 2020: NISER Admission, Application Form, Exam Date, Pattern
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a national level entrance examination organized by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) & the University of Mumbai for admission in the M.Sc. integrated program. NISER conducts this entrance test in 90 cities all over the country. Candidates are suggested to read complete eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The online application form is available from 8th January 2020 (2:30 pm). candidates can get more details about NEST 2020 in the following article.
NEST 2020 Notification
NEST 2020 Application Process will be started from 1st week of January 2020. Click Here to know how to apply for the NEST.
NEST 2020 Important Dates
|Online Application Start
||8th January 2020 (2:30 pm)
|Last date of Application
||3rd April 2020 (midnight)
||24th April 2020, 6:30 pm
|Date of examination: Session I
||6th June 2020 (Saturday), 9:00 am – 12:30 pm
|Date of examination: Session II
||6th June 2020 (Saturday), 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm [First Saturday of June]
|Announcement of results on NEST website
||16th June 2020 [Third Tuesday of June]
|First Counselling of NISER Bhubaneswar
||To be Announced
|First Counselling of CEBS Mumbai
||To be Announced
- For general and OBC: Candidates born on or after 1 August 2000 are eligible to apply.
- For SC, ST and PD (Physically Disabled) candidates: The relaxation of five years in age limit is given.
- Candidates must have passed the Intermediate or equivalent exam in 2018 or 2019 with any combination of Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biology subjects are eligible to apply.
- Who has passed the Intermediate or equivalent exam before 2018 and is not eligible to apply?
- Appearing candidates in the intermediate or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must secure for General & OBC candidates minimum 60% and for SC, ST and PD candidates 55% in the 12th or equivalent exam, for admission to M.Sc program.
- Candidates should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Reservation of Seats
|Type of category
|PD (part of other categories)
- General/OBC category(Male Candidates) = Rs.1200/- and
- For SC/ST/PD (female candidates)= Rs. 600/-
NEST 2020 Exam Pattern
- Pattern: OMR and Objective Type.
- Merit Calculation: Only three highest scored sections were considered for merit calculation.
- The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks and there is no negative marking only in the General section.
||Mangaluru (Mangalore) [KA]
|Bhilai Nagar [CG]
|New Delhi [DL]
- NEST Admit Card will get released in the last week of April 2020.
- Admit card has to be downloaded from the official site by entering registration credentials.
- The candidate will not be permitted to enter the examination hall if he/she got late half an hour after starting the examination.
- The authority will release the NEST Answer Key after a few days of the commencement examination.
- Before the official result declaration candidates can estimate their probable score with the help of NEST Answer Key 2020.
- The answer key will get released in PDF format.
- Candidates who are unsatisfied with the answers in the answer key can challenge the authority by sending the email or written notice through speed post with some precise fee.
NEST 2020 Result
- On the basis of marks scored in the NEST exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- The result will be declared in the last week of June 2020.
- For merit list preparation, the score of the general section along with scores of top three sections from the subjects will be considered.
- On the basis of ranks secured by the candidate in the rank list, students will be called for further admission process.
NEST 2020 Exam Syllabus
- The syllabus will be followed by the pattern of CBSE/NCERT science syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
- It will comprise of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics subjects.
- There is not any fixed syllabus for general section likely Question will be related to the major historical milestones in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, environment, astronomy and computer science.
NEST 2020 Important Points
- Candidates are eligible if did not have one subject in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- You can retrieve the password by using the link “Oops! I forgot my password” given on the login page.
- It is compulsory to register with email id for the online application form.
- You can upload your scanned images at the very last stage. It is mandatory for the completion of the application procedure.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form.
- Follow the instruction to crop the pictures & re-upload by clicking the “Select Photo” or “Select Signature” button.
- There is no procedure for paying the application fee through DD. The only online mode is applicable.
8 thoughts on “NEST 2020: NISER Admission”
i have completed my 12th in 2016 and born in may,1998. am i eligible for NEST 2018?
You must complete 12th standard in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020. Also candidate must be born on or after 1 Aug 2000
Sir i’m having 59 percentage in 12th case. is I eligible to niser admission pls help me
General category students must have 60%, SC/ST/PwD – 55 %
sir if i have secured 59percent in 12 but given improvement exam and secured more than 60 percent then am i eligible for nest
sir i have completed my 12th in 2018.am i eligible for nest2020? please reply
Yes, you are eligible provided you satisfy age criteria
The last date for online application has been extended to 19th April 2020. Please see nestexam.in for details.