NSD Admission 2024: National School of Drama, New Delhi conducts the admission process from the month of March tentatively. NSD stands for the National School of drama, which is located in Delhi and the registration process done by the NSD. National School of Drama (NSD) is a theatre training institution, which offers education and training to the students interested in the field of Drama or Performing Arts. This institute gives a wide education & training to Acting, Design, direction and other fields. It is a huge firm and It is run by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. For more details about NSD Admission 2024, read the following article.
NSD Admission 2024: Important dates
|Releasing the application form||2nd week of March 2024|
|Application Form will be submit||3rd week of March 2024|
|Admit card will be available||3rd week of April 2024|
|Examination date||1st week of May 2024|
|Announcement of result||4th week of June 2024|
|Reporting time at NSD campus||Last week of June 2024|
|Final workshop||1st week of July 2024|
- Qualification: All the candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university/institution in India.
- Age limit: There are 5 years of age relaxation in the upper age limit for the SC/ST candidates and the maximum age of the candidate should be 30 years or the candidate minimum age should be 18 years as on 1/7/2024.
- Language: The qualifying candidates must know the Hindi and English language.
- Experience: Three recommendations from theatre Experts and Documentary proof of the theatre experience is also required. They must have the experience of working with a maximum of six theatres production.
NSD Admission 2024: Application Form
- Candidates can get the application form in two ways, which will be online and offline such as bookshop.
- The application form will be released around 1st week of March 2024 or application form can be filled 2nd week of April.
- With the application form candidates have to attach the testimonials, copies of certificates and four recent passport size-photographs, non-returnable.
- They have to attach the testimonials, copies of certificates and four recent passport size-photographs, non-returnable, with the application.
- The application form is also available for download from the official website www.nsd.gov.in and prospectus can also be availed from the Book Shop of the National School of Drama after that cash payment of Rs.150/- between 10.00 am to 01.00 pm and 02.00 pm to 05.00 pm on working days.
- After that candidates downloaded application form must be sent along with a demand draft of Rs.150/- in favor of the Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi in an envelope titled ‘Application for Admission’. It is also advisable to mention the year of admission in the title.
- Through the Online mode: Fee will be rupees 50/.
- Through the offline mode: Fee will be rupees 150/.
- Candidates can pay their application fees in two ways, which will be online and offline modes. Demand draft is in favor of The Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi.
- The examination is offline (Pen and Paper-based exam).
- The mode of the examination paper is in English or Hindi language according to whatever the candidates have selected.
- The question paper will be based on aptitude and acting skills, to see their acting skills and aptitude of the applicants.
- Guwahati, Kolkata, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Jaipur.
NSD Admission 2024: Important Points
- The Course starts from 1st week of August 2024 and aims at training students to become professionals in the area of acting, design, and other theatres related discipline.
- Qualifying candidates will have to attend a workshop of 5 days in the NSD.
- They will be paid DA and 3 tier Sleeper Class train/bus fare from the place of their residence to Delhi and submission of ticket/cash receipt and will also be, back by the shortest route or provided accommodation on a modest sharing basis for their final selection which.
- For the admission in NSD, candidates should have completed Graduation in any subject from a recognized University in India or Abroad (or) Participation in at least 6-theatre production (or) Working knowledge of Hindi and English.
Visit the official website of National School of Drama