Veer Bahadur Singh Purvanchal University conducts Purvanchal University Combined Admission Test (PUCAT 2023) every year. Admission to various PG programs will be provided through PUCAT 2023. It is a university-level exam conducted in offline mode. Candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility to apply for this exam. The application form of PUCAT 2023 can be filled in offline mode only. Online forms will be available on the official VBS Purvanchal University website. More information about PUCAT 2023 can be read from the article below.
Courses offered through PUCAT 2023
|MA (Applied Psychology and Mass Communication)
|M.Sc. (Bio- chemistry, Micro- biology and Environmental Science)
|MBA (HRD, Finance & Control and Business Economics)
||UPCET and PUCAT 2023
PUCAT 2023: Important Dates
|Availability of the application form
||3rd week of March 2023
|Last date of the application form
||1st week of June 2023
||1st week of June 2023
|Entrance exam on
||2nd week of June 2023
|Declaration of result
||3rd week of June 2023
|Counselling and spot admission
||1st week of July 2023
- Candidates must be citizens of India to apply for PUCAT 2023.
- Certain domicile requirements will also be asked which candidates need to fulfil in order to be eligible for the entrance test.
- MA: Passed graduate in any stream with the minimum marks of 45% is required.
- M.Sc.: Passed Bachelor’s degree in the equivalent stream with minimum of 50% marks.
- MBA: Passed Bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum marks of 45% for General/OBC from the recognized University (40% for SC/ST/OBC).
- The application fee will be INR 200 for General/ OBC category candidates.
- The fee will be INR 150 for SC/ ST category candidates.
- The application fee can be paid via the offline method only.
- Pay the application fee via Demand Draft drawn in the favor of ‘Finance Officer, V. B. S. Purvanchal University, Jaunpur- 222003’.
- No other mode of payment will be available.
- The DD should be sent along with the application form to the university.
- Write down their name, phone number, and name of the course applied for on the backside of the DD.
- The Total marks in the exam will be 250.
- The time allotted for the entrance exam is 3 hours.
- Candidates are awarded 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in the exam.
||Number of questions
- The counselling schedule will be uploaded on the official PUCAT website.
- The short-listed candidates on the merit list must attend the Counselling session for admission.
- According to the time and date allotted, the candidates must be present in person along with a parent or guardian at the Counselling session.
- The university will allot seats on the basis of merit, preference of course as chosen by the individual and availability of seats.
Document required during Counselling
- Class 10, 12 and Bachelor’s degree Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from college last attended
- PUCAT 2023 Rank card and Hall ticket
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Domicile Certificate
- Passport-sized photographs
Important books for PUCAT 2023
- Analytical reasoning by M.K. Pandey
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S. Aggarwal
- Interpreting Quantitative Data with IBM SPSS Statistics by Rachad Antonius
- Interpreting Qualitative Data: Methods for Analyzing Talk, Text and Interaction by David Silverman
- Objective English by Saurabh Jain
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohon Prasad