TIFR GS 2024: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research invites applications for admission to the TIFR Graduate School. The institute provides research opportunities for exceptionally talented students. TIFR runs a graduate program leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-PhD as well as M.Sc. degree in specified subjects. The graduate program will be provided in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer, and system sciences and Science Education through TIFR GS 2024. The TIFR national level exam for biology is also known as Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for Biology and interdisciplinary life sciences (JGEEBILS). More details about TIFR GS 2024 are given in the following article.
TIFR GS 2024 Important Dates
|Start of the Application process||October 2023|
|Last date to apply||November 2023|
|Admit Card||November 2023|
|Entrance exam||December 2023|
|Entrance exam results||End of January 2024|
- Integrated Ph.D.: BA/ BSc/ BE/ BTech
- Integrated Ph.D.: ME/ MTech/ BSc/ BS/ BE/ BTech/ BChem in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of a course whose duration is not less than three years in total
- Integrated Ph.D.: BSc/ BPharm/ BS or equivalent degree
- Integrated Ph.D./ MSc: Bachelors in Basic Science (Physics/ Chemistry/ any branch of Biology) and Any four-year degree program that awards a Bachelor’s degree including BTech, BE, BVSc, BPharma (4-year course)
Note: Students of Engineering with good GATE score in Electronics, Electrical, Communication Engineering, and Mathematics can apply without appearing for the TIFR Entrance test.
|Official Website||Check Here|
|TIFR GS 2024 Online Form||Apply Here|
TIFR GS 2024 Application Fee
- The application fee for Male candidates will be Rs. 900/-.
- For Female Candidates, the application fee for Male candidates will be Rs. 300/-.
- The application can be paid online through internet banking or by Debit/Credit card or by sending a Demand Draft.
- There will be Objective type MCQ questions in the exam.
- For every correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- For the Numerical and Symbolic section, 5 marks are given for the correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark in the MCQ section only.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions asked in the exam.
- The total number of Questions will be 40
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- There are 20 true/false and 20 multiple-choice questions.
- There will be 02 types of questions in the test which are Objective type MCQ and true/false questions.
- The test is mainly based on mathematics covered in a reasonable B.Sc. course in Mathematics.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions in the exam.
- The test will cover the basics only in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
For Computer & Systems Sciences
- The Duration of the Exam will be 3 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
|Quantum Mechanics||Organic Chemistry|
|General Physics||Analytical Chemistry|
|Experimental Physics||Quantum Chemistry|
|Heat, Thermodynamics||Physical Chemistry|
|Statistical Physics||Inorganic Chemistry|
|Modern Physics||Electro Chemistry|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Logic & statistics & mathematical methods|
|Mathematics relevant to Physics||Spectroscopy (NMR, fluorescence, IR, UV, and X-ray)|
Check Here>> Ph.D. Admission Notification 2024
Courses offered through TIFR GS 2024
Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programs
- School of Mathematics, TIFR Mumbai
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS), Bengaluru (Only Ph.D. program).
- Centre for Applicable Mathematics (CAM), Bengaluru
- Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Department of Theoretical Physics
- National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA), Pune
- Department of High Energy Physics
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H
- Department of Nuclear & Atomic Physics
- International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
- Department of Condensed Matter Physics & Materials Science
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad (TIFR-H)
- Department of Chemical Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
Ph.D. Program only
Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)
- School of Technology & Computer Science (STCS) – TIFR, Mumbai
- Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE), Mumbai
Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D., and M.Sc. Programs
- Department of Biological Sciences, TIFR, Mumbai
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad – Ph.D., and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. programs only.
- National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bengaluru – Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D., and M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation) programs.
Check here official details: http://univ.tifr.res.in/