TISS BAT 2024: Tata Institute of Social Sciences conducts TISS BAT (Tata Institute of Social Sciences Bachelor Admission Test). Candidates get admission in Bachelor of Arts program in Social Sciences, Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Integrated BA and MA program in Social Sciences and in Social work through this entrance exam. Candidates must have passed/appearing class 12th and must be below 23 years of age to be eligible for the exam. Admission to the said programs will be offered at the Tuljapur, Hyderabad and Guwahati campus of the institution. For more information about TISS BAT 2024, read the article below.
TISS BAT 2024: Important Dates
|Announcement of the admission||4th week of October 2023|
|Last date of applying for the test||4th week of March 2024|
|Issuance of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2024|
|Exam date||4th week of April 2024|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of June 2024|
|Counselling starts from||To be announced|
|Announcement of First waiting list||To be announced|
|Counselling for waitlisted candidates||To be announced|
|Classes start from||To be announced|
- Passed Class 12 or equivalent examination from a recognized board is required to apply for TISS BAT 2024.
- Candidate’s age must be below 23 years of age, as on April 30, 2024.
- Appearing candidates in Class 12 examination and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Such candidates need to produce their result at the time of final selection.
TISS BAT 2024 Application Form
To fill the application form of TISS BAT 2024, visit the official website of the institute, which is www.tiss.edu. And click on the ‘Admissions’ link. On this new page, find heading named ‘Bachelors Programs and Integrated Bachelors and Masters Program’. Click on the link for ‘BA Admissions’ and click on ‘Apply Online.’ Fill all the required details in the application form has appeared on the screen. Make payment for the test so the application form is complete. Take a print out of this form as it may be needed in future.
- The Application fee for TISS BAT 2024 will be INR 1025.
- For SC/ST candidates with annual income less than INR 2.5 lacs, the Application fee will be INR 275.
- For NC-OBC candidates with annual income less than INR 1 lac, the fee will be INR 275.
- Such candidates need to upload their Caste certificate and Income certificates as well.
- The Application fee can be paid by online mode or through SBI Bank Challan.
- The exam of TISS BAT 2024 will be two parts, paper 1 and paper 2.
- Candidates can take both the exams in English Medium only.
- Both the papers will be of 100 marks.
- The Total time allotted for both the papers is 90 minutes.
- There are separate cut-offs for both the papers.
- Candidates need to appear and clear both of them.
|Paper 1||Paper 2|
|A computer-based online test||A pen and paper-based test|
|60 minutes duration||30 minutes duration|
|60 marks||40 marks (each essay is of 20 marks)|
|This paper will contain questions from General Knowledge, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Mathematics||In this test, candidates are given 4 topics, out of which candidates have to write an essay (of 500 words) on any two topics|
|All the questions in Paper 1 are Multiple Choice Type||Topics of essays are generally social concerns, opinions and abstract thoughts on social issues|
- The exam will be held in 22 cities across the country as Delhi, Kochi, Jaipur, Patna, Pune, Bhopal, Mumbai, Nagpur, Solapur, Dimapur, Silchar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Vijayawada, Bhubaneshwar, Vishakhapatnam, Thiruvananthapuram
- Candidates can fill only one choice of their preferred centre in the application form.
- The examination centre once allotted to a candidate will not be changed.
TISS BAT 2024 Counselling
- The next step will be counselling after the declaration of results of TISS BAT.
- There will be a personal interview also for the said course.
- Appearing in these stages is necessary else candidates will not be given admission.
Documents required during Counseling
- Class 10 and 12 certificate
- Admit Card and Score Card of TISS BAT 2024
- Caste/Category certificate issued by the competent authority (if required)
- Income Certificate or Proof of Income issued by the competent authority
- Character Certificate or Certificate of Conduct issued by the institution in which a candidate has previously studied
- Identity Proof of Candidate
- Colored Passport size pictures of the Candidate
- Migration Certificate or Transfer Certificate issued by the previous board under which the candidate has studied
- General Awareness: Current Affairs, Media, Advertisements, Economy, Constitution, Awards, Health, Technology, History, Geography, Politics, Environment, and Nature.
- Logical Reasoning: Alphabet Series, Number Series, Logical Connectivity, Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Clocks, Calendars, Sitting Arrangements, Blood Relations, Puzzles, Cubes, and Statement Conclusion.
- Data Interpretation: Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables and Venn Diagrams
- Mathematics: Integers, Fractions, Simple and Compound Interest, Probability, Profit and Loss, Time Speed Distance, Average, Ratio Proportion and Variation
- English Proficiency: Idioms, Odd One Out, Jumbled Paragraphs, Synonym Antonyms, Spellings, Grammar and Vocabulary based Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Correction and Reading Comprehension.
- Essay writing: Awareness of social issues in the country and must know to opinionate on those issues.