TNAU Ph.D Admission 2023: Admissions to Regular/ Integrated & External Ph. D. by research programmes will be offered by Tamil Nadu Agriculture University (TNAU) under the School of Post Graduate Studies. Students can apply for TNAU Ph.D Admission 2023 through online mode by sending the documents to the requisite address. 25% of seats are reserved for students belongs to other states under the ICAR quota. A special relaxation has been offered by TNAU to SC/ST/OBC/Muslims & students belongs to Jammu & Kashmir. Regular scholarships have also been offered by the university to meritorious students. For more details about TNAU Ph.D Admission 2023, candidates can read the following article.
TNAU Ph.D Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Registration starts from||2nd week of June|
|Registration ends on||2nd week of July|
|Date of Entrance Examination||4th week of July|
|Commencement of classes||4th week of August|
Offered by Home Science College & Research Institute:
- Food Science and Nutrition: Passed M.Sc. (Home Sc.) / M.Sc. in Food Science and Nutrition of TNAU/other SAUs
Offered by the School of Post-Graduate Studies:
- Agriculture Economics: Students must have passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in the same subject.
- Plant Pathology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Plant Pathology
- Sericulture: Passed M.Sc. (Sericulture) / M.Sc. (Ag.) in Sericulture
- Agriculture Extension: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Agricultural Entomology
- Agronomy: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Agronomy
- Agriculture Meteorology & Climatology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Agricultural Meteorology and Climatology
- Crop Physiology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Crop Physiology or Plant Physiology
- Soil Science & Agriculture Chemistry: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- Agriculture Microbiology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Agricultural Microbiology
- Plant Breeding & Genetics: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) Plant Breeding and Genetics/M.Sc.(Ag.) Plant Genetic Resources/ M.Sc. (Ag.) Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Seed Science & Technology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) in Seed Science and Technology
- Agriculture Entomology & Plant Nematology: Passed M.Sc.(Ag.) Plant Nematology/ M.Sc.(Ag.) Agricultural Entomology/ M.Sc.(Ag.) in Plant Pathology with thesis research in Plant Nematology.
- Biotechnology: Passed M.Sc. (Biotechnology) of TNAU or its equivalent in a related field of specialization with a basic Farm Science Degree.
- Soil & Water Conservation Engineering: Passed M. Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/M.E.(Ag.) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline/M. Tech. (Ag. Engg.) Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Sciences: A Master’s degree in Environmental science or M. Tech in Agricultural Engineering from TNAU or from a recognized university
- BioEnergy: Passed M. Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/M.E.(Ag.) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Agriculture Processing and Food Engineering: Passed M. Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/M.E.(Ag.) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Extension Education: Passed M. Sc. (Ag.) Agricultural Extension / In-service candidates with M.Sc. Home Science Extension
- Farm Power Machinery: Passed M. Tech. (Ag. Engg.)/M.E.(Ag.) of TNAU or IIT in the concerned discipline
- Agriculture Business Management: Passed Master’s degree in Business Management / Business Administration/ Agricultural Marketing Management /Agricultural Economics of State Agri. Universities.
Offered by Forest College & Research Institute:
- Forestry: Passed M.Sc. (Forestry) Or MBA (Forest Business Management)
Offered by Horticulture College & Research:
- Floriculture & Landscaping: Passed M.Sc.(Hort.) Floriculture and Medicinal Crops/ M.Sc.(Hort.) in Floriculture and Landscape Gardening/M.Sc.(Horticulture. or M.Sc. (Hort.) with thesis work in the concerned sciences /crops.
- Vegetable Science: Passed M. Sc(Hort.) in Vegetable Science /M. Sc (Horticulture)
- Fruit Science: Passed M.Sc.(Hort.) in Fruit Science /M.Sc.(Horticulture)
- Spices, Plantation, medicinal and Aromatic Crops: Students must have passed M.Sc.(Hort.) Spices and Plantation Crops / M.Sc.(Hort.) in Spices, Plantation, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops / M.Sc.(Horticulture).
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- For General category students the application fee of TNAU Ph.D. Admission 2023 will be INR 1000.
- The application fee is INR 500 for SC/ST.
- Candidates can pay the Application fee in online mode.
- Pay through net banking or credit card/ Through ATM cum debit card of SBI/ Counter service at SBI branch.
Check Here: TNAU Counselling Schedule
- Candidates will have to appear for the written test.
- The exam date & time of the written test will be intimated through e-mail.
- The test will be conducted at the TNA University campus at their own expense.
- The duration of the objective written test will be 1 hour.
|General Agriculture||15 Marks|
|Related field||70 Marks|
Documents required during admission of TNAU Ph.D Admission 2023
- Provisional degree certificate both bachelor’s & master’s
- Transfer or Migration certificate
- Marks list of qualifying degrees
- Community certificate issued by the revenue authority
- Code of conduct certificate one from the head of the institute & two from the professors of the institution where the student last studied.
1 thought on “TNAU Ph.D 2023 Admission Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern”
I’m a M.Sc(Sugarcane Technology -SCT) Graduate with B.Sc(Agri) as Basic Degree.
I would like to Pursue a Ph.D in either Pathology or Entomology or any Branch in Agriculture this year.
Pl guide me Madam/Sir