AP LAWCET 2023: Andhra Pradesh Common Law Entrance Test (AP LAWCET) is a state-level entrance test. It is managed by the Sri Krishnadevaraya University on the behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. Candidates can get the admission in 3 years and 5 years of Law courses in the state law universities of AP and colleges affiliated to them. Candidates can get the application form of AP LAWCET 2023 only through online mode. No application is issued in the office mode and any other modes. Question paper for AP LAWCET 2023 will be in both languages English and Telugu. Every year exam is conducted so the candidate can get an opportunity to get into state law universities.
AP LAWCET 2023: Important dates
|Releasing date of application form||3rd week of March 2023|
|Closing date to submit the application||4th week of April 2023|
|Submission of the application form with a late fee of Rs. 500||4th week of April 2023|
|Correction in the application form||Last week of April 2023|
|Availability of Admit card||1st week of May 2023|
|Exam date||1st week of May 2023|
|Releasing of answer key||2nd week of May 2023|
|Announcement of result||3rd week of May 2023|
|Starting of counseling||1st week of October 2023|
Candidates should know the eligibility criteria of the exam. Those candidates who want to give the entrance examination to be a master in the field of law in Andhra Pradesh can apply for this exam. Candidates are advised to see the eligibility criteria. If the candidates fail to registration they could not attend the exam. Candidates may also check the eligibility criteria for the 3 years and 5 years LL.B course.
- The applying candidates must be Indian National.
- All the candidates should satisfy the local/ non-local status of the AP state.
- 3-year LL.B Course: A graduate degree (10+2+3 pattern) or equivalent from a recognized university required with 45% aggregate marks.
- 5-year LL.B Course: Passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from the recognized board or AP board is required with a minimum of 45% marks.
- There is a 5% and 3% of relaxation for SC/ST candidates and OBC candidates respectively in the qualifying exam marks.
|Categories||Age limit||Age limit|
|BA/LLB for 5 years||For OC Categories 20 years||For SC/ST Categories 22 years|
|BA/LLB for 3 years||For OC Categories 30 years||For SC/ST Categories 35 years|
AP LAWCET 2023: Application Form
All the candidates can fill the AP LAWCET Application Form via online mode, through the official website of Sri Krishnadevaraya University. After the details, candidates have to upload the scanned photo (should be passport size, recent image) and the digital signature of the candidates will be required. Submit the filled-in application form before the last date. PAy the application fee to complete the application form. There will also be a correction window open after the closing date of the application form. All the candidates are advised to keep the AP LAWCET printout of the application for further need.
- For registration, candidates have to pay Rs. 750/.
- Candidates can be deposited through debit/credit card/net banking or AP online centers.
- The exam will be conducted online mode.
- There will be a total of 120 Objective type questions in the exam.
- English and Telugu language use in the exam.
- The total time to attend the exam will be 90 minutes.
- Every correct answer adds 1 mark to your final score.
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
|B||General knowledge and Mental Ability||30||30|
|C||Aptitude for the study of law||60||60|
The exam of AP LAWCET 2023 will be conducted at the following places: Nandyal, Nellore, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Srikakulam, Anantapuramu, Chittoor, Tirupathi, Kadapa.
AP LAWCET 2023 Counselling
AP LAWCET Counselling will be started after the exam. First Candidates have to pay counseling fees. Candidates have to carry all the original and imported documents. After the verification of the candidate, the seat will be allotted. On the basis of candidates’ filled choices and availability of seats, candidates will get admission. Candidates have to submit the counselling fee (as given below) to exercise the option filling and locking.
Syllabus for AP LAWCET 2023
All the Candidates can even study topics such as General Knowledge and Mental Ability, Current Affairs, and Aptitude for the Study of Law.
|BA LLB Admission||M.Phil Admission|
- Current Affairs – Indian and International Current affairs about Politics, Judiciary System, Economy, Sports, Entertainment, Awards, and Appointments.
- General Knowledge – Indian Polity, Basics of Indian Economy, History of India, Geographical knowledge of India, Indian Culture and Heritage.
- Aptitude for Study of Law – The candidate should have the ability to comprehend various facts, figures, and legal principles that will be given to the question. The candidate will have to mark the best possible answer for the given case as per the question asked.
- Mental Ability – This includes general reasoning topics such as Blood relations, Number series, Coding-Decoding, Syllogisms, Direction Sense, Sitting Arrangements, Analogies, Alphabet Series, Data Interpretation, Sequencing, Visual Puzzles.
Check here official details: https://sche.ap.gov.in/lawcet/