Assam CEE 2024: Assam Combined Entrance Examination is commonly known as Assam CEE. The exam is administered by Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU). It is a state-level exam that provides admission in 1st semester of BE and B.Tech courses in various colleges/ institutions within the Assam state. The registrations process is carried out in the month of February and March. Assam CEE is conducted every year in the month of May. Interested candidates can submit the application form before the due date. Candidates who want to appear in Assam CEE 2024 can find more details in the following article.
Colleges Participating in Assam CEE
- Jorhat Engineering College, Jorhat
- Jorhat Institute of Science and Technology, Jorhat
- Kaziranga University, Jorhat
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management & Technology, Guwahati
- Dibrugarh University Institute of Science & Technology, Dibrugarh
- School of Engineering & Technology, Don Bosco University, Guwahati
- Assam Engineering College, Guwahati
- Assam Down Town University, Guwahati
- Gauhati University Institute of Science & Technology, Guwahati
- I.T.S., Mirza
- Bineswar Brahma Engineering College, Kokrajhar
- Royal School of Engineering and Technology, Guwahati
- Scholar’s Institute of Technology & Management, Guwahati
- Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management & Technology, Tezpur (under PPP mode)
Assam CEE 2024 Important Dates
|Online application form starts from||3rd week of March 2024|
|Closing date of online application form||2nd week of April 2024|
|Last date to the reception of application fee through SBI||2nd week of April 2024|
|Admit Card issue from||1st week of May 2024|
|Exam Date||2nd or 3rd week of May 2024|
|Result Declaration||3rd week of Jun 2024|
|Counselling begins||In the Month of July 2024|
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate should be a permanent resident of Assam with a compulsory spent period of time of minimum 20 years.
- For officer’s children, it is necessary to study 7th class to 12th class from the Assam board.
- Those belonging to reserved categories will get relaxation up to 3 years in the upper age limit.
- Candidates should be 10+2 qualified with merits at least 50% (45% in case candidate belongs to a reserved category) in subjects like Physics, Chemistry, English, and Biology/Mathematics.
- The age of the candidate will lie between 17 to 24 years as on 31st December 2024.
For Engineering Degree Courses:
- Applying candidates must appear in 12th or equivalent from recognized board/university with 50% marks (45% for SC and 40% for ST candidates).
- Candidates must qualify the qualifying exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
|OBC||As per govt. norms|
|TGLC||1 seat in each college|
|Ex- TGLC||1 seat in each college|
|Son, daughter of Ex-servicemen||1 seat in each college|
Assam CEE 2024 Application Form
Candidates can fill out the application form only through online mode. Fill in the academic and personal details such as name, contact number, qualifying exam scores in the application form. Upload the scanned images of signature and photograph in JPG or JPEG format. Check all the filled details carefully before the final submission of it. After the final submission of the application form, there will be no correction and modification done. Take a printout of the application form for further procedures.
- Candidates are required to pay Rs. 600 for the fee of the application.
- Pay the fee through debit/credit card and net banking.
- Candidates can also pay the application fee offline at any branch of the State Bank of India after generating the cash deposit form.
- University adopted various methods for the selection of the candidate in various courses.
- The list of the selected candidates will be put on the notice board of the department.
- The selection will be on a merit basis, through entrance tests and from personal interviews decided by the university on a regular basis.
- No candidate will be intimated individually about the admission procedure.
- Candidates will also be called for the interview on the prescribed date and venue by the head of the department.
- The exam will be conducted offline mode.
- The exam duration will be of 3 hours duration.
- The question paper will be of multiple-choice questions.
- The Question paper will contain 120 questions.
- 4 marks will be provided for each right answer.
- One mark will be deducted for wrong answers.
|Subjects||Total Marks||Marks Allotted|
The exam of Assam CEE 2024 will be conducted at the following places: Silchar, Bongaigaon, Nalbari, Lakhimpur, Guwahati, Tezpur, Nagaon, Jorhat, Dibrugarh
- The Candidate will be able to access the admit card from the official website only.
- Admit card will be available from the first week of May 2024 onwards.
- The admit card is considered for the validation of the candidate in the exam hall.
- Keep the admit card safe with you till the counselling procedure is over.
- The result declaration date is in the third week of June 2024 by the university.
- To check the result, candidates have to select the course for which they have applied and their roll number.
- The OMR sheet will be evaluated on the computer.
- Candidates can go for the counselling after the declaration of the result.
Assam CEE 2024 Counselling
- For BE/B. Tech courses, candidates should submit Counselling Form at the time of counselling.
- Candidates have to select the colleges and streams according to their preferences in counselling round.
- The courses offered according to the rules prepared for the respective courses.
- Allocation of seats is on the basis of availability of seat in various colleges and reserved categories.
Documents Required for Counselling
- Assam CEE 2020 admit card and scorecard
- Caste/ category certificate
- 10th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Academic gap certificate
- Character certificate from the head of the institution last attended
- Permanent resident certificate
Sets, Arithmetic-Geometric Series, Applications for approximation, Arithmetic Geometric and Harmonic Progression, Complex Number, Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems, Heights and Distances, Binomial theorems and its Applications, Integration using trigonometric identities, Family of Circles, Combination, Conic Section, Differential Calculus, Differential Equation, Calculation of mean median and mode of grouped and ungrouped data, Binomial and Poisson distribution, Integral as limit of a sum, Motion under Gravity, Relation between roots and coefficient numbers, Law of motion projectile, Fundamental Integrals, Sphere, Integral Calculus, Polynomials, Matrices and determinants, Quadratic equation.
Units and Measurement, Description of Motion in One Dimension, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion and Moment of Inertia, Description of Motion in Two or Three Dimension, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents, Transference of Heat, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Currents, Magnetostatics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electron and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Ray Optics, Wave Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Solids and Semiconductors Devices.
Some Basic Concepts, States of Matters, Chemical Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electro Chemistry, Rates of Chemical Reactions and Chemical Kinetics, Atomic Structure, Solutions, Chemical energetic and Thermodynamics, Surface Chemistry, Chemical Families – Periodic Properties, Chemistry of Non-Metals – I, Chemistry of Non-Metals – II, Alkaline Earth Metals, Boron Family, Carbon Family, Nitrogen Family, Oxygen Family, Heavy Metals, Chemistry of Representative Elements, Alkali Metals, Halogen Family, Noble Gases and Hydrogen, Transition Metal including Lanthanides, Classification of Organic Compounds, Hydrocarbons, Nuclear Chemistry, Some Basic Principles, Organic Compounds containing Halogens, Organic Compounds containing Oxygen, Synthetic and Natural Polymers, Bio-Molecules and Biological Processes, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Chemistry in Action, Environmental Chemistry.
Assam CEE 2024: Important Points
- Candidates have to study the previous year’s academic syllabus according to the courses opt by them.
- Assam CEE exam is conducted once in a year only for engineering courses.
- The application form of Assam CEE will be available only through online mode.
- There is no need to send the copy of the application form or any document to the university.
- The age of the candidate must lie between 17 years to 25 years as on the 31st of December of the admission year.
- The time duration for Assam CEE will be 3 hours.
- 40 questions will be asked from each subject.
- You should have a minimum of 50% marks for applying Assam CEE 2020 exam.
- There is no relaxation in the application fee for reserved category candidates.
Official Website: https://dte.assam.gov.in/