CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024: CSIR Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) invites applications for candidates to pursue research in emerging areas of Genomics, Epigenomics, Stem Cell Biology, Artificial Intelligence, Metagenomics, Precision Medicine, Integrative medicine, and Big Data Analytics in Healthcare. CSIR-IGIB is a constituent national laboratory engaged in research of national importance and translates concepts developed in basic biological research to commercially viable health care technologies. For more details about CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024 can be get from this article.
- Master’s degree (MSc/ MTech/ MPharm) in any branch of Life Sciences/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry or allied subjects with special interest in Biology.
- Candidates with B.Tech. (in Biological branch)/ B.Pharm./ BE/ MBBS may also apply.
- Candidates should also have obtained at least 60% (or equivalent in CGPA) in the above examination as well as in their XIIth standard board examination.
- The criteria will be 55% for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy) candidates.
- Appearing candidates or those who are awaiting results for the highest qualifying examinations can also apply.
- Such candidates should be eligible is all aspects at the time of admission.
- The upper age limit is 28 years which is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy)/ Physically Handicapped/ Women candidates.
- Sc/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ B.Tech/ M.Sc/ M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm/ B.E/ MBBS candidates should hold CSIR-UGC(JRF)/ DBT(JRF)/ ICMR-JRF/ DST-INSPIRE or equivalent.
- For candidates with already activated JRF fellowships, the consent letter for transfer of fellowship from appropriate authority is to be submitted to CSIR-IGIB.
- For Masters degree holders, GATE is NOT a valid fellowship.
- The JGEEBILS/ TIFR/ IISc and similar entrance examination are NOT valid fellowship examinations for CSIR-IGIB.
- The suitable candidates would attend an interview at CSIR-IGIB, Delhi.
- Candidates, please ensure that you fulfill the essential qualifications.
- Applying without fulfilling the essential qualifications will lead to strict action on the candidate.
- Providing wrong information that can lead to the rejection of the candidature for the post at any stage of selection or after selection.
CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024
Register on the AcSIR admission portal (acsir.res.in) to apply for CSIR IGIB PhD Admission 2024. Select CSIR-IGIB from the list of institutes. Keep the application form number from the application portal. This will not be the same as the registration number. The application portal will be active on the CSIR-IGIB website (www.igib.res.in). Identify the scientist you would like to work with at CSIR-IGIB and select while you apply.
Check Also>> CSIR UGC NET 2024 Application Form
Process of CSIR IGIB PhD Admission
- The names of the successful candidates eligible to join the CSIR-IGIB Ph.D. program will be declared which are then required to join CSIR-IGIB.
- The admission is subject to the verification of all documents defining eligibility.
- Being an ineligible candidate will result in the cancellation of the candidature at any stage of the admission process.
- There will be no refund of the application fees for such candidates.
- The candidates have to pay a non-refundable fee at the time of joining/admission.
- The fee will be Rs 10000 (Rs 5000 for SC/ST/non-creamy OBC candidates).
- After this, the candidates have to pay the first-semester tuition fees.