NEST 2019 NISER Admission, Application Form, Exam Date, Pattern
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) conducted by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) for admission in the M.Sc integrated programme. Interested candidates are suggested to check eligibility before applying. NISER conducts this entrance exam in 59 cities all over the country. The application form of NEST 2019 will be started from 7th January 2019. For more updates about NEST 2019 Entrance Application go through below article. Candidates can fill the application form untill 11th March 2019.
NEST 2019 Important Updates
- NEST 2019 Online Application Process will be started from 7th January 2019. Click Here to apply for National Entrance Screening Test.
NEST 2019 Important Dates
|Release of Notification||3rd January 2019|
|Online Application Start||7th January 2019|
|Last date of Application||11th March 2019|
|Admit Card||4th week of April 2019|
|Exam Date||1st June 2019|
|Results||17th June 2019|
NEST 2019 Application Form
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Candidates have to register themselves to fill the application form with a valid user email ID on the website. Fill the basic details and later on, an application number will be generated for further login. candidates also need to upload scanned images of signature and photograph (maximum 100 KB) in JPEG format. Candidates are informed to verify all the details filled by them, before the final submission of the application form. Make the fee payment via online process. At last, take the printout of the application form for further use.
NISER Eligibility Criteria
- For general and OBC: Candidates born on or after 1 August 1999 are eligible to apply.
- For SC, ST and PD (Physically Disabled) candidates: The relaxation of five years in age limit is given.
- Candidates must have passed the Intermediate or equivalent exam in 2017 or 2019 with any combination of Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biology subjects are eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed the Intermediate or equivalent exam before 2016 are not eligible to apply.
- Appearing candidates in the intermediate or equivalent exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must secure: for general & OBC the candidates minimum 60% and for SC, ST and PD candidates 55% in the 12th or equivalent exam, for admission in M.Sc programme.
- Candidates should secure a position in NEST merit list.
NEST 2019 Application Form Fee
- For male candidates of General/OBC category = Rs.1200/- and
- For male SC/ST candidates = Rs. 600/-
- For Female, SC/ST and PwD category candidates = Rs. 500/-
NEST 2019 Seat Reservation
|PD (part of other categories)||5||1|
NEST 2019 Exam Pattern
- The Exam will be conducted in the Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam).
- The total exam duration will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will be published in the English language only.
- There will 5 sections, each of 50 marks but the general section will carry 30 marks.
- The whole question paper will be consisting of 230 marks and there is no negative marking only in General section.
NEST 2019 Hall Ticket (Admit Card)
- Admit Card will be available from the 2nd week of April 2019 and can be download through the official site of the NEST.
- It will not be sent by post to any candidate.
- Bring the admit card and Identity card at the examination venue.
- Keep the admit card safe till the admission procedure.
NEST 2019 Result/Rank
- The result will be provided to students through the official portal of the NEST.
- It will be declared on 2nd week of June 2019.
- On the basis of marks scored in NEST exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- For merit list preparation, the score of the general section along with scores of top three sections from the subjects will be considered.
- On the basis of ranks secured by the candidate in the rank list, students will be called for further admission process.
- Merit list will be posted on the official site of the NEST and the admissions will be done strictly on the basis of merit list till all seats are filled.
- To get admission in M.Sc programmes offered by NISER and UM-DAE CEBS, it is mandatory to qualify the entrance exam.
- The counselling process will be organized in various rounds through offline mode.
- Students have to report to the counseling venue at the specified date & timing.
- Bring the original documents along with them at the time of counselling.
Documents Required for Admission/Counselling:
- 10th & 12th mark sheet & passing certificates.
- NEST 2018 admit card & rank card.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs.
- PwD Certificate (if applicable).
NEST 2019 Exam Syllabus
- The syllabus will be followed by the pattern of CBSE/NCERT science syllabus of class 11th and 12th.
- It will comprise of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics subjects.
- There is not any fixed syllabus for general section likely Question will be related to the major historical milestones in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, environment, astronomy and computer science.