NIMCET 2024: NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is organized to provided admission in various NITs MCA programme, that is offered by 11 participating NITs (Warangal/ Tiruchirapalli/ Surathkal/ Raipur/ Kurukshetra/ Jamshedpur/ Durgapur/ Calicut/ Bhopal/ Allahabad/ Agartala). NIMCET 2024 may probably be held in the month of May 2024 and the application will be available from the 1st week of March. Check all the detailed information about NIMCET in the below article.
NIMCET 2024 Important Dates
|Publication of Advertisement for NIMCET 2024||1st week of March 2024|
|Online registration starts from||1st week of March 2024|
|Last date to apply online||2nd week of April 2024|
|Availability of Admit Card||3rd week of May 2024|
|Date of Examination||4th week of May 2024|
|Result||1st week of June 2024|
|Opening date of online choice filling||2nd week of June 2024|
|Closing date of online choice filling||3rd week of June 2024|
|First-round seat allotment||4th week of June 2024|
|The second round of allotment||4th week of June 2024|
|The third round of allotment||1st week of July 2024|
|The announcement of vacant seat||2nd week of July 2024|
- Indian citizen with minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA (55% or 6 CGPA for SC/ST) in 3 years full-time B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons)/ BCA/ BIT or related course.
- BTech/BE or equivalent degree holders from the recognized university are also eligible to apply.
- The appearing candidates can also apply, providing the proof (certificate issued by Head of Institute) of candidature.
- Qualified/appearing candidates of B.Sc/B.Sc (Hons)/BCA/BIT of 3 years full-time from Open universities are also eligible, provided their course is approved by UGC/AICTE & DEC of Govt. of India.
- The % of marks in the qualifying degree is to be calculated on the basis of scores of all subjects studied including language/ optional & additional subjects (if any).
Candidates should pay the non-refundable application processing fee through SBI-I collect and NIMCET-2024 only before the final submission of the online application form through the official website.
- For OPEN/OBC- Rs 2000/-
- For SC/ST- Rs 1000/-
NIMCET 2024 Application Form
The candidates have to apply online from the official link for NIMCET 2024. The candidates need to register at the official website of NIMCET with a login ID & password and fill in all the required information in the form then submit it. It is advised to the candidates to note down the unique application number for further reference. The candidates have to take the printout of the generated application form & send it along with the e-receipt and required documents at the address (which will be mentioned on the official website) by speed post/registered post.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language only.
- The exam will be organized through pen and paper-based mode.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 and a half hours.
- The total number of questions will be 120 MCQ type questions.
- 4 marks will be given for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The questions paper will have 4 sections- Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English.
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40|
NIMCET 2024 Admit Card
- The admit card will be made available in the first week of May 2024.
- From the official admission portal of NIMCET, candidates would be capable to download their admit cards.
- All candidates must have to produce their respective admit cards at the examination centre.
- Admit card is not going to be sent through the post.
- Along with that, they will also have to produce the same at the counselling centre and at admission time.
- The result can be only downloaded from the official web portal of NIMCET.
- The exam conducting authority will release results in the 2nd week of June 2024.
- Candidates must take the printout of the result for future use.
NIMCET 2024 Counselling
Candidates will be allotted ranks as per their scored those who appeared and secured marks in NIMCET test. Applicants are required to fill the choices of institutions through an online process. Candidates can participate in the NIMCET Counselling for admission into the MCA course offered by NITs, according to the rank. Applicants have to report personally at the college to confirm admission. www.criteria.in, after seat allotment
- The question paper is formed from the topics such as Mathematics, Computer Awareness, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning and General English.
- Candidates need to prepare well for the exam for better scores.
- Questions will be asked from these topics only.
NIMCET 2024: Important Points
- Work according to the exam schedule.
- Make sure for choosing the best possible books for making the preparation of the exam.
- Divide your time so that all the subjects will be given proper time.
- Ensure for using sample papers as well previous year papers for help.
- Upload the scanned images of the photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Applicants should register with login, password and then fill in all the details.
- Pay the required application fee through online mode.
Disclaimer- The final schedule will be posted after the release of the NIMCET 2024 official notification. For more information, you may visit the official website.