PIMS Nursing College Pondicherry Admission 2023: Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences is a renowned nursing college in Pondicherry since 2004. It is affiliated with Pondicherry University. Also recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council. College of Nursing, PIMS provides the best education which helps the students to grow a career in paramedical and degree courses.
PIMS Nursing College 2023: Highlights
|Name of the Institute||College of Nursing- Pondicherrry Institute of Medical Sciences|
|Affiliated with||Pondicherry University|
|Recognized by||Indian Nursing Council and Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council|
|Courses offered||B.Sc. Nursing, P.B.B.Sc Nursing, M.Sc., and Ph.D. Nursing|
Courses Available in PIMS Nursing College Pondicherry
|Name of the Courses||Intake||Duration|
|B.Sc. Nursing||60||4 years|
|Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing||30||2 years|
|M.Sc. Nursing||20||2 years|
|Ph.D. Nursing||4||3-5 years|
|Medical-Surgical Nursing||4||2 years|
|Paediatric Nursing||4||2 years|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecological Nursing||4||2 years|
|Psychiatric Nursing||4||2 years|
|Community Nursing||4||2 years|
B.Sc. Nursing from CON- PIMS
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- Also, the student must belong to the science stream having Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and English in intermediate.
- Besides, the marks of the candidate must be a minimum of 50% aggregate in science subjects.
- Lastly, the applicant should be of at least 17 years of age as of September 30, 2023
- For M.Sc. Nursing, the applicant must have completed B.Sc. Nursing/ B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
- Also, in bachelor, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks. However, a relaxation of 5% is provided to the candidates of SC/ST as per the INC forms.
- Besides this, registered nurses and midwives or equivalent with any State Nursing Council can also apply. But must have completed Basic B.Sc. nursing and hold experience of one year after registration.
- The applicant must hold a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery along with being registered as a Nurse and Midwife with the State Nursing Council.
- A male candidate who had been trained before the implementation new integrated course can also apply if he is registered as an A grade nurse with State Nursing Council. However, he must present the proof of training with approval of the Indian National Council for a similar duration in lieu of Midwifery.
- For Ph.D., the candidates are shortlisted as per the merit scored in the entrance of the University.
- Further, the admission is processed via the Registrar’s office Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences, Puducherry. Besides this, any inquiries regarding Ph.D. nursing can be resolved at the College of Nursing.
- Moreover, the applicants for the PIMS Nursing College Pondidacherry 2023 must be medically fit along with possessing the medical fitness certificate.
PIMS Nursing College Pondicherry Admission Procedure
The application form for PIMS Nursing college will be available online at the official website, i.e. http://www.pimsmmm.com/. Besides form filling, the applicant has to upload the self-attested xerox copies of the required documents. Also, a demand draft of Rs. 1000 is drawn in favor of PIMS, Puducherry. But make sure to meet the eligibility criteria beforehand because the DD is non-refundable in nature.
The necessary documents required for PIMS Nursing College Pondicherry 2023 admission are:
- Marksheet of Class XII
- Age Proof
- Marksheet of B.Sc. (N)/Diploma in Nursing
- Degree or Diploma Certificate (Previous Education)
- RN, RM certificates
- Experience Certificate (S)
- Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate, Conduct Certificate
- Medical fitness certificate
- Adhar Card
- Latest 6 Passport size photographs and 4 stamp size photographs
Aspirants of PIMS admission have to appear in the CETPPMC, i.e. Common Entrance Test for Pondicherry Private Medical and Dental College. It is held at the state level. Also, in the examination, only multiple-choice questions will be asked.
PIMS Nursing College Scholarships
PIMS also offers scholarship opportunities to recognize the talent and merit of deserving students. So, the students can apply for the scholarship at the beginning of the academic year. Further, the categories on which the scholarship is offered are given below:
- College/University Scholarship based on Merit.
- Scholarship for economically weaker students as fee concession
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also available for deserving candidates
- Merit and National scholarships for extraordinarily brilliant students under the central or state government.
Contact details for CON-PIMS
PIMS Nursing College Pondicherry (PIMSCOM Pondicherry)
Contact no. 0413-2656482, 0413-2656271
Email: [email protected]