The TANCET Application Form will be released from 1st week of January 2021. TANCET commonly known as Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Examination conducted at the state level. TANCET is a gateway to admit in the ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan, MCA & MBA courses. This entrance is supervised by Anna University, Chennai on the recommendation of the government of Tamil Nadu. The said courses will be provided at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Government and Government Aided Engg Colleges and Self-financing Colleges (Engg, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamil Nadu. Candidates can get more details about TANCET Application Form 2021 in the following article.
- Online Application Link will be provided here.
TANCET Application Form 2021: Important Dates
|Registration of Application starts from||1st week of January 2021|
|Last date for Registration of Application||last week of January 2021|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||2nd week of February 2021|
|MCA & MBA Entrance Exam Date||Last week of February 2021|
|M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Exam Date||1st week of March 2021|
|Announcement of Results||3rd week of March 2021|
TANCET Application Form 2021
The application form will be available online on the official website. The application fee can be paid through Credit/Debit card/ Internet banking. Candidates are required to fill the application form with the right information in the required fields. Candidates are also required to upload their scanned images of photo and signature in the required format. Other State candidates can appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be fixed by the admitting authority / University. Take the printout of the application form for future reference at the end.
Steps to fill TANCET Application Form 2021
- Click the ‘Registration’ link in the menu bar.
- Click the ‘Register’ link
- Provide the required information and press the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you receive a TANCET secret key in your mobile, which you have to retain until you successfully complete the application process.
- Now login using the credentials, and provide other required details.
- In the end, you will be asked to confirm the details. Kindly verify the details and confirm.
- Now it takes you to the payment page. Do the payment online. However, those who claim fee concession under SC/ST/SCA categories should upload the community certificate before moving to the payment page.
- On successful completion of payment, click the ‘Status Check’ link in the menu bar.
- Application status can be viewed there.
- Now, click the ‘Print Application’ button, which generates a copy of the application in pdf format.
- Take the printout of the generated application for your reference only, and not submit this copy to the Centre.
- Now the process of registration is successfully completed.
- The mode of paying application fee would be only through online mode.
- The application fee amounts to Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SCA/ST/SC category) for applying for any one of the programs.
- If applicants want to appear for more than one program, then the fee would be Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamilnadu)
- Final year students (appearing candidates) are eligible to apply for TANCET, 2021.
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum Marks: Minimum 50% marks(General) & (45% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories)
Note: Have a GATE Score Card
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years.
- Minimum Marks: must score the minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates).
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years with mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
- Minimum Marks: Secured the minimum of at least 50% marks (General) (45% marks for reserved category candidates)
MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree in B.Sc (Computer Science/Information Technology), BCA with Mathematics at 10+2 or graduation level.
- Minimum Marks: Must acquire at least a minimum of 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC/ST).
- The duration of the exam will be about two hours.
- The question will be of multiple type questions.
- Total of 100 questions will be asked in the examination.
- One mark will be allotted to the candidates for the correct answer.
- For the incorrect answer, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
- In ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M. Plan section, PART I & II is compulsory.
- PART III according to the discipline selected during registration.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Marks|
TANCET Application Form 2021: Important Points
- Applicants can access the application form from the official website or university online mode.
- The exam offered courses such as ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan, MCA & MBA.
- The application fee amounts to Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SCA/ST/SC candidates.
- Applicants can apply for more than one examination. But they have to pay Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 for SCA/ST/SC category) for every additional program.
- The exam pattern is different for different courses. The duration of the entrance is 2hrs.
- 1 mark will be awarded to the candidates for the correct response.