Tezpur University Admission 2023: Established in the year 1994, Tezpur University offers variety of UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma and Certificate courses in various departments in many disciplines and their specializations. Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North-Eastern state of Assam. The university offers admission to various UG, PG & Research programs under four categories. Candidates can get more details about Tezpur University Admission 2023 in the following article.
Tezpur University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Online application starts from
|Last to apply online
|Date of personal interview
||For UG and PG (Except B.Tech)
|Application Start Dates
||4th week of February 2023
||3rd week of March 2023
||4th week of April 2023
||4th week of April 2023
For Entrance Exams:
|Application Start Date
||1st week of December 2020
||1st week of September 2023
|Application End Date
||1st week of January 2023
||2nd week of October 2023
||1st week of April 2023
||2nd week of February 2023
Courses offered through Tezpur University Admission 2023
- B.Tech: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Food Processing and Technology
- Integrated (B.Sc-B.Ed): Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
- Integrated (BA-B.Ed): English
- B.Vov: Food Processing, Renewable Energy
M.Tech. & M. Sc.
|Polymer Science and Technology
||Nanoscience and Technology
|Electronics Design and Technology
|Food Engineering and Technology (Lateral Entry)
||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology,
||Communication for Development
||Linguistics and Language Technology
||Linguistics and Endangered Languages
||Mass Communication & Journalism
Other PG Courses
- M.Com (Integrated)
- MA (Integrated): English
- Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM)
- M.Sc. (Integrated): Physics, Mathematics, Bioscience & Bioinformatics
||Food Engineering & Technology
||English and Foreign Languages
||Computer Science and Engineering
||Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
||Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech: Candidates must have passed class 12th examinations with PCM/PCB as main subjects and English as a compulsory language with 50% marks in aggregate
- B.Vov/ Integrated (B.Sc-B.Ed): At least 50% marks in 10+2 in Science stream
- B.Ed: Graduation degree from a recognized university
- Integrated (BA-B.Ed): At least 50% marks in 10+2
PG and Research Courses
- MBA: Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any field with minimum 50% aggregate marks
- M.Tech: BE/B.Tech in Mechanical, Production, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Metallurgy, or Civil
- MCA: Graduation (Major/ Honors) with 50% marks or 55% marks in case of a regular UG degree. Candidates must have studied Mathematics at UG level
- M.Sc.: Bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline with required percentage of marks.
- M.Sc. (Integrated): Minimum 60% aggregate marks with Biology, Chemistry, Physics and/or Mathematics subjects at 10+2 and passes mark in English.
- MA: 45% marks (40% for SC/ST) in Graduation with at least 50% marks in the major subject
- M.Com: B.Com or any Bachelor’s degree with commerce as the main subject
- MA (Integrated)/ Com (Integrated): 60% marks in 10+2
- Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM): Any Graduation degree from a recognized university
- Ph.D.: M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Sc. Engg. / MS / M.Sc./ MCA/ MBBS with MD/ MS degree/ B.E. / B.Tech. in relevant subject with required percentage of marks in aggregate
Tezpur University Admission 2023: Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form of Tezpur University Admission 2023 by visiting the official website. Fill the application form online and pay the application fee to complete the application form. Upload the photograph, required documents and Scanned file of signature. Candidates should confirm all the details and save the application form. There is no need to send the application form. Take a printout or note the registration number for future reference.
- The application fee will be INR 700.
- For SC/ST/ PWD candidates, the fee will be INR 350.
- For the MBA program, the application fee will be INR 1000 (INR 500 for SC/ST/PWD) is required to be paid as an application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee by Credit/ Debit card or through Net-Banking.
Selection Process of Tezpur University Admission 2023
- B.Tech: Score in JEE Main followed by Centralized counseling
- Integrated (B.Sc-B.Ed or BA-B.Ed)/ B.Vov/ B.Ed: Admission is based on an Online Entrance Test conducted by Tezpur University
- MBA: A valid score in CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ GMAT/ CMAT followed by an interview
- M.Tech: Tezpur University Entrance or a valid score in GATE
- MCA/ MA/ M. Sc./ M.Com/ Integrated M.Sc/ MA/ M.Com: Master of Tourism & Travel Management (MTTM): On the basis of score in Tezpur University Entrance
- Ph.D.: University Level Entrance followed by an interview. OR Qualified in CSIR/UGC JRF-NET
- CODL: On the basis of marks in the last qualifying degree.