TIFR GS 2023: Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) releases the notification to offer Ph.D. and Integrated Ph.D. programs. TIFR is a deemed university, located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Candidates appearing for the Ph.D. entrance exam must have a master’s degree in a relevant field as mentioned in the eligibility criteria. Candidates will have to appear for the GS exam for Ph.D. Program. To pursue Integrated courses, candidates must have obtained their graduate degree in the relevant field. Check here for details regarding TIFR GS 2023.
TIFR GS 2023: Important Dates
For Integrated M. Sc.- Ph.D.
|Starting of the Application process||3rd week of October 2022|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of November 2022|
|Admit Card||1st week of December 2022|
|Entrance exam||2nd week of December 2022|
|Entrance exam results||February 2023|
- Ph.D.: Candidates must possess a master’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized university
- Integrated Ph.D.: Candidates must have completed a three-year graduate program in the science field from a recognized University
- PG: A graduate degree in a relevant field from a recognized university must be obtained by the candidates
- PhD in Science Education course: M.Sc. in any subject/ M.Tech or M.E./ MA/ MSW in Social/ Behavioural Science/Psychology/Linguistics/Sociology/Economics/Anthropology/ M.Ed with Science/Social Science/Humanities UG Degree
- The application fee for male candidates will be INR 900/-
- For female candidates, the application fee will be INR 300/-
- The application can be paid online through internet banking or by Debit/Credit card or by sending Demand Draft.
TIFR GS 2023 Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|TIFR GS Application Form||Online Form|
Courses provided through TIFR GS 2023
|Integrated PhD||M. Sc. – Ph.D. (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology)|
|PG||Wildlife Biology and Conservation|
|PhD||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Computer and System Sciences|
|PhD||Science Education (from HBCSE)|
TIFR GS 2023 Admission Process
- Integrated Ph.D.: GS exam
- PG: GS exam
- Ph.D.: GS exam and Interview
- Ph.D. in Science Education (from HBCSE): Entrance exam
TIFR GS 2023 Scholarship
- The scholarship will be INR 25000/- per month till registration.
- It will be INR 28000/- after registration.
- Additional 30% as HRA for On-Campus accommodation.
- Annual contingency grant of INR 32000/-.
- There will be Objective type MCQ questions in the exam.
- For every correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- For the Numerical and Symbolic section, 5 marks are given for the correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark in the MCQ section only.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions asked in the exam.
- Total number of Questions will be 40
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours
- For each correct answer, 3 marks will be given.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The duration of the exam is 03 hours.
- There are 20 true/false and 20 multiple-choice questions.
- There will be 02 types of questions in the test which are Objective type MCQ and true/false questions.
- The test is mainly based on mathematics covered in a reasonable B.Sc. course in Mathematics.
- There will be Objective type MCQ Questions in the exam.
- The test will cover the basics only in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology.
For Computer & Systems Sciences
- The Duration of the Exam will be 3 hours
- Type of Questions: MCQ
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
Official Website: http://univ.tifr.res.in/